1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT... sort of. Rotating sigs.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by kelmo, Jan 18, 2009.

1. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I noticed on another Stratics forum that some had rotating, random sigs. I asked and was pointed to this web site. I have not tried it. (yet)

I do trust the folks using it and it is free.

http://www.clintonio.com/home/

2. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, that's what I was asking about last week or so... I suppose I just need to program a rotating sig and test it out, I dont want to use their service when I could host my own.

Edit: Upon programming a simple random generator, which cycles through two possible images, I noticed on the CP section that PHP pages arent allowed in the signatures.. $&^#$&

Guess I'll try ASP :D

http://www.unnaturalnature.com/uothief/signature.php

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think Vortex will be able to help with this one, he has this working.

4. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you cant use asp page either even if you try to fool it by putting ?test.jpg atthe end of the link to fool it into thinking its an image link. I have not looked at that sig place but they may be replacing the image every time it is delivered so the next time it gives a dif image.
    I think it would take some cron job or event job that fires off to replace the image.

or they may have some setting in thier iis or apache that maps image files to a script file that then delivers the random image.

Lorddog