1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT: star trek's a hit

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Lorddog, May 7, 2009.

1. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809752801/user

I always check here before going to movies just to see if it is worth the time and money. Anyhow, looks like it's gonna be a killer of a movie.

I got my Imax tickets for sat on the biggest imax in florida. I will be ready!

Lorddog

2. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

star trek is so popular- look at the spin offs and movies. There is only 1 way to really make a pre-quel star trek- cast the perfect people (damn what they're asking. Pick the right people with that famous chemistry).
    Then have no-holds bared action, plot, and special effects.

I am really hoping someone was smart enough to pull it off. If they did- the response will be worth it with the ready made audience, and the new generation.

3. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

The latest incarnation [I can't even remember what it was called, the one with Scott Bakula] wasn't so popular. But they cheese-dicked it. Had the 7-of-9 char with the Vulcan, but the only problem was Jeri Ryan could actually act, Horse-face vulcan chick couldn't and was the worst vulcan in history... eva.

That being said, Zachary Quinto looks awesome as Spock as well as the other cast members. I hope it will be enough to reboot the franchise and maybe we'll get another decent series or at least set of movies out of it.

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

What happened to "This one"?

5. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It will gross over 100 million this weekend!!

IMAX Friday Night!!

Look out Wolverine...

6. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

ah- started my second new job. To tired to rp, or even be on much. Am doing some training so my char doesn't get to dusty.

7. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

ya wolverine was just ok. I liked all the variety of chars and the spinning head at the end but it somehow just seemed so-so. I am not sure why - perhaps the music?
    music can make a movie if done right.
    I remmeber thinking on jurasic park that the music was too much an indiana jones rip off and the theme just didnt quite seem to fit. It could have made that movie crank but for the most part it just sat there.

one that really stands out in music is transformers. They did it masterfully there. When you come away with the main tune in your head then they did it.

Lorddog

8. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Nothing will ever top the music at the end of Fight Club. That fit so perfectly. I'm a huge Pixies fan so maybe I'm biased.

9. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

I'll catch this on a weekday or HD On Demand or on Netflix. The movie theaters have become day care centers for parents who don't know what to do with their kids on weekends.

10. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Just got back for the theater, couldn't wait!

Wow very cool flick, close to Wrath of Kahn!

If you like the original, i think you will love this, I know I did!

Woot!!

11. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Goodfella's, when they play Monkey Man buy the Stones as he walks into the hospital!!

Not a great movie but the Verve's placement at the end of Cruel Intentions sticks out in my mind as a perfect song.

back to work, grr...