1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT: UFC 100...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Chardonnay, Jul 10, 2009.

?

Who you thinks gonna win or atleast hope to win...?

Poll closed Jul 10, 2010.
  1. Lesner

14.3%
  2. Mir

64.3%
  3. Alves

21.4%
  4. GSP

57.1%
  5. Bisping

7.1%
  6. Henderson

64.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Lesner vs. Mir

Alves vs. GSP

Bisping vs. Henderson

Opinions...?

2. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

I am actually pickin Mir, as long as he doesnt get hit by those lunch boxes. I hate GSP ever since they caught him rubbin up the vaseline so he is too slippery to take to the mat. So I hope Thiago beats his ass. And Hendo will destroy the count.

3. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

I want mir to beat lesner cant stand him...

I want alves to win but i dont think he will...

And i hope henderson destroys bisping...but its gonna be a good fight...

4. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

As a good Canadian...GSP all the way baby!!

I also would like to see Lesnar take down Mir...god that dude is an arrogant puss

5. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Hockey sucks...

Mario Lemieux FTW though...

6. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I went to see a fight once..........and a hockey game broke out!!

Muhahahaahahahaahahahaahahhaah

7. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

8. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

I have to agree completly

I want Mir, cause I cant stand lessner, he has no skill, just big, he has to make up for lack of skill with 60pd weight difference....what a joke,,,,typical WWF idiot

I want Alves also, but up in the air

And my favorite fighters are Dan Henderson and BJ Penn,,,and I cant stand that cocky arrogant Bling Bling....I hope Dan has kept up to speed, cause he hasnt fought for a while, and hope he's not rusty, cause if hes in his prime....That Tool Bling Bling (thats what I call him around my house) hasnt fought anyone really and stands a slim chance at beating Dan

9. Blindside

Blindside Guest

GSP and Lesner BIGGER IS BETTER!!! :danceb:

10. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Alves is bigger than gsp blind lol...

11. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

Fudd, Lesner takes in an extra 60lbs no doubt but dont forget that dude is fast. I have never seen a dude that big move around on the ground and in a ring that fast. Lesner is a freak, and if he hits mir with those lunch boxes he calls fists this fight will be over in 30 seconds. After re watchin their first fight, the ref really blew it. I am by no means a Lesner fan but the ref shouldnt have stepped in to seperate them he should have stepped in to call the fight. Mir's face looked like a mac truck hit it, and the fight was over in 90 seconds.

12. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Don't stop the fight till someone taps or is knocked the **** out...if you also watched the fight mir was in his right mind the whole fight while lesner was beating on him...it dont matter what your face looks like as long as you win baby...just win baby just win...

And your very wrong about the ref stepping in he did his job just fine UNTIL lesner was tapping-he took to long to stop mir from trying to break his leg even lesner said that...

BTW, hugi lesner weighs 265 mir weighs 240 but ya he looks 60 pounds heavier compared to mir...lol...

13. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

As a northerner, im going for GPS

Then Id like to see Mir, and Henderson

*edit*

Anyone care to take a stab in the dark as to what it cost bud light to be main sponsor on an event like this? Im gonna guess 5-10M

14. Blindside

Blindside Guest

i was talking bout Lesner being bigger is better, but I like watching GSP fight hes just a beast

15. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

GSP almost has 0 body fat. Thats a lot of muscle.

16. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

I agree Hugs, completly with Lesner's lunch boxes totally, and I didnt know they were that close in weight, only 20 pounds which is still ok, but id like to see skill prevail anyday...Im hoping lesner goes to the ground with him.,,,id like to see his ground game again,,,,he is a pro wrestler right?

LOL

17. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Ya dude has ridiculously low body fat...he's lean...

18. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Lesner vs. Mir:

I think Mir is gonna win again but I would kinda like to see Lesner win...

Alves vs. GSP:

Same thing. I think GSP is gonna win but I´d kinda like to see Alves win...

Henderson vs. Bisping:

I hope Henderson wins...

19. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone know what time the PPV is in EST?

20. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

For the weigh in Lesner will be at 265, he actually has to cut weight to make it. 265 is the max for the heavy weight division. For the fight he will prolly add atleast 20 more pounds, and I dont think Mir will be more than 235. Yeah he was a pro (fake) wrestler, but he also was 3x champ in NCAA in his weigh class. Either way I dont care who wins these fights should be some of the best of the year. Up there with the guida/sanchez fight.

21. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Mir use to fight at 255 if lesner gains 20 mir can gain 10 for sure...the guida/sanchez fight was awesome...im a big diego fan...

22. Calyip

Calyip Guest

Mir over Lesnar by Sub - Lesnar is not that great, powerful maybe but he doesn't have any more KO power than Arlovski, or Sylvia. His wrestling is great, but if Mir wears Lesnar down but cutting corners and striking, he could land a decision, but I think it's going to go to round 2-4 with a sub.

Gsp/Mir - Who knows. If GSP shows up he will dominate him like he did Jon Fitch, if he doesn't come prepared he will go down by headkick. Alves has some sick MT.

Bisping/Hendo - I think Henderson is great, but everyone just hates on Bisping because he isn't flashy. He has improved ten fold in the past year, he is great at cutting corners, has amazing foot work, and an amazingly well rounded opponent. I think Henderson will win, but odds are so stacked against Bisping, if I were a betting man I would take him. He doesn't get him and stuffs take downs.

Everyone should stop basing Mir off the past year or so, and look at how he was before his accident. The guy is back.

23. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

10 EST...

24. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

25. Faber vs Pulver not sure if it's UFC, but the first go around in undoubtedly the best!

26. Well i am fixing to head to the bar and watch the fights, Here are my picks

GSP vs Alves

I really don't like either of these cats but I am gonna go with GSP

Bisping vs Henderson

I think this fight will more than likely go to the ground, so i am gonna go with Henderson

Mir vs Lesner

Frank Mir is going to remind Lesner why he lost the first time.

27. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Have fun im gonna do the internet thing...:D

28. Daleth

Daleth Guest

Hey I love UFC too, not that I know a damn thing about it, other than what Elmer and all the guys tell me or talk about around me. Well when we were in Vegas in Jan B.J. Penn was about to fight and the MGM had stuff all over about it. But I love UFC because all the guys get to together and watch it at one of their houses(including Elmer) and I usually ship the kids off somewhere and get a whole night all to myself!!! Woot, Go UFC!!!!!!! Wish there was a big one every weekend! :danceb::danceb::danceb:;):p

29. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

Nice! Just started...

*dives into the couch*

30. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

BISPING GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT!!

sorry calyip...

31. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

GSP suffocated alves...sad...

32. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

Heh, that´s an understatement...

33. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Total domination...:sad2:...damn it frank...

34. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

That was the most classless move since Tank Abbott days...The guy and I mean (Lesner) will regret he ever did that poor taste of sportsmenship,

The Guy even bashed on the sponser bud light...there is someone who has no respect for the sport...and Why? because he doesnt know anything about it...Absolutly the most classless show in a while

BUT WAY TO GO HENDO!!!!!
    WOOOOOOT WOOOOOOT!!!!

BLING BLING GOT SENT BACK TO THE UK....ON A FIRST CLASS KNOCKOUT SEAT!!!

35. Calyip

Calyip Guest

Ya I didn't see Bisping winning unless it went to a decision, which it obviously didn't :(

I really had Mir winning this though, but my god he didn't stick to his game plan at ALL. He stood right in front of him and just got pummled...

I'm ready to Fedor to come to UFC to take over the HW division, because currently Valasquez is our only hope, or maybe Carwin. Also, I want to see A. Silva destroy GSP..

36. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Don't forget in Ultimate Fighter 10 kimbo slice is gonna be in it...maybe he can beat lesner...:lol::hahaha:

http://www.kimbo305.com/kimbo-tuf10-promo.html

37. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Actual footage of what happened when bisping trainer went over to bisping to help him wake up and when bisping asked him what happened...(graphic) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1J9tgrIMKo

38. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

hahahaha

I didn't get to see the fight last night but I heard was Lesner did to Mir last night was almost criminal and that Bisping got annihilated. Wish I could have seen it.

39. I never get watch this at my house, between the wife and kids taking over all theTVs in the house.:grrr:

40. That is why every man needs a shed, barn, garage, etc. It's like a mans sanctuary, a place where you can sit back, relax drink a beer smoke a stogy and just escape for an hour or three.

oh and boy was i ever wrong about that Mir vs. Lesner.. Frank Mir got man handled the whole fight

41. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Both the GSP and Lesnar/Mir fights went down the way I thought they would. GSP's athleticism just dominates people...for him its just the question of whether his head is in the game or not and Lesnar is one, big mean S.O.B. I think Lesnar really has the chance to dominate opponents similar to how Dan Severn did back in the day.

The Bisping/Hendo fight went completely different... I figured Hendo would win..but damn man he looked as sharp there as he did when he was fighting in his prime in Pride fighting.

42. Yeah dude that knockout was vicious

43. Calyip

Calyip Guest

My predictions were as follows:

Akiyama/Belcher - Be a close fight of mostly stand up exchanges, could go either way. If Aki imposes his Judo he wins, if Belcher imposes his stand up skills he wins. Went to Aki which disappointed me, I thought it was scored quite poorly, although at the end of the fight I did have Aki winning, my initial prediction was Belcher by Dec.

Henderson/Bisping - If Bisping can evade, he wins by decision. If Henderson imposes his wrestling, he wins by decision, if Bisping slips up, Hendo wins by ownage. I knew Hendo is one of the best champions and P4P guys in the world, I took Bisping simply because he is one of my favorite fighters, although I admitted to friends I would be losing my ass on this bet.

St. Pierre/Alves - It depended on which Pierre showed up. If he came looking like he did in his past few fights, Alves was getting dominated, if he showed up like he did in Serra 1 or BJ 1, he was probably getting KOed.

Mir/Lesnar - I truly did not give Lesnar a shot...at all. I would have bet my car on this match, simply because I don't think Lesnar has any skills except for wrestling, even his ground and pound looks horrible, even if it is effective. I can't wait til he finds out he sucks when Fedor KO's him or Valesquez neutralizes his GNP.

Fitch/Thiago - Didn't give Thiago a chance, Fitch is a beast. Figured Fitch would go in and do what GSP did to Alves, I called this one to a T.

44. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

That extra shot by Henderson was brutal. And he even knew he was out cold, and gave him one more for good measure