1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT: VP debate

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sweeney, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

It hasn't started yet, and Kelmo isn't around to stir the pot.

All my money is on Biden.

2. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

To be a career slimeball politician? Mine too.

3. He's got his hands full.

I'm curious what Sarah Palin's gonna wear....:love:

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Every politician is a slimeball, history only judges what means they use to advance their sliminess (slimyness?).

5. Hef

Hef Guest

That Nitwit Sarah Palin is going to get owned 1 v 1 :)

6. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

I find it hilarious that we are even having this discussion, democrats are hoping for her to fail and republicans are hoping she wears a bathing suit.....

7. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I would be happy if both conditions were met.

8. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Honestly, Biden's almost as big of an idiot as Obama and McCain. They're all friggin' Marxists and elitists. I like Palin's small town untainted feel. However, all that being said, I'd still rather vote for my dog over this bunch.

9. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Palin was a good idea till Katie Couric interviewed her and showed us all how ignorant she is.
    Ron Paul isn't in this race (realistically), so I'm anti-McCain, whoever it is.

10. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Katie shows us how ignorant she is every time she takes to the air :hahaha: :coco:

I'm actually a Bob Barr guy but Paul isn't bad...however, I'd sooner vote for Satan himself than vote for those sleaze bags Obama and Biden. :gun:

My only decision is if I can bring myself to pull the lever for McCain...right now, I don't think I can but come November, who knows. Maybe if Palin poses in Maxim? :love:

11. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

*After hearing the first 2 questions and responses*
    Palin is spouting the talking points. Not much from Biden yet, which is not bad nor good.

12. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If Palin doesn't look like a deer in headlights and Biden doesn't ask a cripple to stand up or something equally as brilliant, it'll be a draw. I assume with all the prep work by both, that's what it will be: a big :sleep2: fest.

13. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Sadly I may agree with you. It might end up a pitiful draw, the same as the first presidential debate.

I want some action and some new information.

14. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Now they are BSing the same idea about new energy approaches.

I should be working Luna bank and not RoT.

15. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

*Questioning about gay marriage*
    They both said the same thing, BS.

IMO marriage should be defined as a church title.
    Civil unions should be defined as a state title.

Hundreds of years of mish-mashing shouldn't clutter the issue.

16. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I am watching the debate. Trust me.

17. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Forgive my OT, OT comment.. Your new sig has a man bent over

Back to the debate,
    Palin is still spouting talking points. But Biden is still not impressive

18. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Grab a towel and get to work or get out of my way.

19. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I decided to record it and watch it later. That way I can skip everything Biden says and put Palin in slow-mo (just in case). I love you Tivo!

20. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Palin just got owned on the Afghanistan question, going off on tangents. She only goes for talking points, with no new ideas or thoughts.
    She's mixing Iraq's counterinsurgency with Afghanistan.

(No comment on Biden yet again, he's pretty generic yet effective in responses)

21. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Palin is a robot, she speaks as if reading from a book, no original thoughts. I knew she'd fail at this debate

22. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Damn, I'm thinking this debate won't amount to much besides political points. They both need to stop going after their bases and start talking to the middle

23. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

*Economy & Education*
    Palin is now taking cheap shots citing middle-America's defeat.
    Biden is now rebutting this.

Oh damn, Palin just cited another line, and a cheap shot. She offers her feelings instead of ideas.
    Biden offered no feelings, but a few ideas.

24. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

For someone that is against "Judicial Interpretation", she certainly agrees with "Presidential Interpretation"

25. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I don't like Obama, I dislike McCain even more.

*Has anyone else counted how many times McCain says "My friends", he's a script reading alzheimer's going-to-be*

It is sad Ron Paul, my perfect candidate aka a constitutional idealist, did not last this far. In this system there are many parties, yet only 2 votable ones.

I must say, everyone should vote. But forget what race and gender the people and their running mates are..

Vote for what seems right to you and your grand-children.

26. Trep

Trep Guest

she really needs to stop calling herself a maverick (mccain too). That's a great thing for other people to call her but to call herself that just sounds stupid.

its like people who talk about how smart, rich, hot, <insert inflated personal opinion of ones self> they are on the internet, does anyone actually believe them?

no, they're more like "who's that jackass trying to convince? me or him/herself?"

on a different note.....i've got money down that if mccain wins, he'll totally pull a bill clinton with palin in the oval office

27. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I agree with half of your comment. But I think people fail to remember how old McCain is.. He will be 72 turning on 73 when he comes into office(if ever). This guarantees a 1 term McCain.. (or sadly a Palin-presidenct if something happens). McCain has a recurring skin cancer and noone mentions it.

Worse case scenario, Palin is running for president in 2012 (she will lose against Hillary). Worst case scenario, Palin is inducted once McCain has another recurrence of cancer or something worse.

The question is, no matter the ideals.. who would elect an almost-feeble man?
    72 yr old people may be common and capable... but nobody wants them deciding who to go to war with (ahem, it should never be a proactive decision, only reactionary). But this will be what we get.

28. Lamer...you fit right in with everything that says Americans are a bunch of lazy idiots. (of course I fit the profile) yet don't own a tivo....jackass!

29. She jumped on what McCain had said and never shed light on her own thoughts, is that really wrong, comming from a Vice President?

30. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I dont' expect much from a VP candidate, but her lack of real and complete answers sheds light on how McCain picked his VP (for the Hillary feminist vote)

31. Are you all set up to loot her corpse? :lick:

32. I would beg to differ, he picked her for her job in Alaska where oil is rich in supply...keeps both sides at bay. And she's pretty hearty for those of you who feel for peeps and not walk over em to get a 3 dollar bottle of water.

33. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

It annoys me how people say she's an "energy expert" because she's gov. of Alaska. I doubt she knows anything about solar, nuclear, wind energy.. she only knows about Alaska's native resources, oil and (maybe, no personal research), natural gas.

At best she only knows of 2 energy resources. Aside from natural gas, she only is at best an expert of antiquated energy sources. It is a well known fact that petroleum will not last (no matter the source) beyond 40 years.

Our leaders need to think beyond their terms and think of our grandchildren.

34. Thats why you need to ante up and shed your light to your leaders. They after all are human too.

35. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I highlighted your real point of view.

36. la...

37. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

So you will admit she is an expert on energy, even if she is only able to avail herself to Alaska's natural resources? That is too much of a hypocritical response. Let me rephrase it based on your renunciation:

Gov. Palin is an expert on Alaska's natural energy sources, which includes Oil in protected areas (which McCain is against drilling into) , and mayhaps (again going to my hypotheticals but giving her the benefit of the doubt) some natural gas sources within AK. She surely must be an expert on solar energy, and nuclear power, and wind energy. It matters not that all three of the previous are almost non-existant in Alaska. An energy expert is an energy expert, as you shall surely say. Energy from digging a hole is the same as energy from burning wood. Tis pure Thermodynamics.

"Ah, with such a well though out argument, I must agree with you.", says Sweeney.

38. Pestilence Hemp

Pestilence Hemp Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

REALLY? Looking at her makes me sick! Nothing less attractive then a unintelligent women.

...And talk about regurgitated nonsense, she said the same thing over and over.

dont get me wrong i dont care much for either side. Guess its another year of "lesser of two evils."

We need a new system that has more then 2 choices.....or have them wrestle a bear. something to really work for the chance to screw us over.

39. Pestilence Hemp

Pestilence Hemp Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

40. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

I always wanted a prez whose head I could photoshop on to sexy bikinni babes body's.:love:

41. Troll The T Hunter

Troll The T Hunter Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Can we say maverick one more time?

If you are going to say the word that many times, follow it by a statement as to what he's a maverick of.

Otherwise I think she held her ground well.

Two things

1) if your agenda is for deregulating markets and one of them blows up in your face, own up to it.

2) Instead of just repeating over and over again that meeting with countries that hate us "legitimize them" please explain "HOW" it legitimizes them? How does meeting with a foe and hashing out our differences put them in a position of power? If we meet and they start spewing off "kill the jews" how does that make them more powerful? I think it would actually expose them for what they are. A president that doesn't want to at minimum talk to the enemy just wants war.

number #2 has been bugging me for a while. When we actually agreed to talk to north Korea we started to make diplomatic progress. When we just plain out threatened them it just made matters worse. when they hear we are going to bomb you unless you do as we say, or they hear we want to try to work this out with you or we will take action. Which action would you accept? This is such a scare tactic that american people are buying it's sad.

42. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

1) Deregulation has less to do with our current situation than do meddling politicians forcing the private sector to do business how it says or else. The democrats (with the help of some willing republicans) decided that everyone, regardless of ability to pay, has the right to a home. If banks didn't play along, they would not be eligible for Fannie or Freddy to buy their loans. Commence snowball rolling downhill.

2) While I might be inclined to agree with you in certain situations, others (like Hamas) I would totally disagree. By meeting with illegitimate regimes and 3rd world thugs, we show the world that they are legitimate leaders and forces to reckoned with.

Bottom line, 99% of politicians are crooks, plain and simple. I don't care what side of the isle they are on. All of them play their political games and intentionally create strife and envy so that they can reach in our back pockets and take our money. This country needs a good revolution :scholar:

43. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

They are almost non-existent everywhere really. Oil and coal are the only feasible energy sources out there right now and according to what I've heard from some friends in Alaska, she's the real deal on oil. Until something else is cheaply produced, drill, drill, and drill some more. Use coal. Hell, use kittens. I don't give a rat's ass what it is as long as it's cheap to use.

44. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

so we'll use you then :loser:

45. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Did you see me admit a single thing in this thread?

The only thing I did was highlight your point of view.

46. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

So you admit you highlighted his point of view?

Only an out of touch right wing war-mongering satist would do that...:sad4:

47. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Burn the kittens!!!

48. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

And only a tree-hugging bleeding heart would not want to burn kittens for fuel. Oh, and misspell sadist. :hug:

49. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

There's a lot more kittens...they'll last longer! :gun: