1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[OT] What other games do you play?

Discussion in 'UO Oceania' started by Teeshy, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

Just curious, 'cos I saw Paradox mention Starcraft in another thread (and I have Starcraft battle chest sitting beside my mouse mat waiting for me to install it once I finish with Civ 4 Colonization remake) - thought maybe someone might mention something that will spark an interest for me (or someone else!) Doesn't have to be an online game, just anything else you are playing at the moment?

I'm waiting for Tales of Vesperia also (PAL version out in a little under 2 weeks) Lots of games I would LOVE to play that hubby has bought for the 360, but I get motion sickness if I play them too long =P Fable 2 was cool, though I had to limit how long I played it at a time =)

2. siyeng0

siyeng0 Guest

Online Tetris. 8D

3. Farscape

Farscape Guest

Chess online
    Command & Conquer online

4. Fink

Fink Guest

Still playing Carmageddon II, still my favourite driving game. Some day I'll figure out how to make extra cars for it but, for now, I'll keep downloading others. Ramming through crowds in an armoured post-apocalyptic muscle car/monster truck/doomsday weapon is a great way to blow off steam.

I was playing Unreal Tournament classic and UT2K4 up until my last system reinstall a few weeks ago, haven't put it back on because I don't have time to play it. It's basically my ideal "pvp"; everyone has access to the same gear & it boils down to individual style or skill. Naturally, I have neither style nor skill..

Not playing Spore at the moment, haven't reinstalled it due to its potential for time suckage, also.

Still playing Mr Do!, an old arcade game from the early 1980's. I'll fire it up & clock it in under 4 minutes then go back to study/work.

5. Petrify

Petrify Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm way 2g at source.

also play tf2 occasionally.

6. Katlene

Katlene Guest

been sims for me, 3s just been released, but im not enjoying it as much as the original. i cant help being an 'old school' kinda gal. probably why i have a UO account n not wow.

I should reinstal UT. love that game. spesh the morpheous map with the redeemer on the highest tower hehe good fun! :thumbsup:

7. Fink

Fink Guest

Ripper + Translocator = Fun

8. Paradox_

Paradox_ Guest

Unreal Tournament the original is still in top 5 games of all time. Its the game that basically got me onto playing shoot-em-ups.

Playing starcraft atm, but also playing Fifa 09 on PS3 and GTA4 on ps3.

Also have Source installed but only play it every now and then for something different, and bf1942/bf2 when i can be bothered.

9. Katlene

Katlene Guest

That doesnt surprise me. (top 5 games) Its so much fun. when i played it mp i was usually skulking in dark corners and sniping hehe.
    god ok im definitly going to have to reinstall it now. bugger you lot! lol

10. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

And I thought I was the only sad idiot still playing this game!!! I agree, this game is a great way to relieve stress. Have you tried the TDR 2000 version yet? I've heard it isnt as good.

Um... I also play WoW for the time being. UO being quite boring to play atm forced me to reactivate the WoW account and create a death knight. But atm im trying to find my starcraft battlechest to install it.

11. JediSith

JediSith Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Call of Duty 4

12. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

*grins* Lots of really great games mentioned!

I don't think I have carmageddon 2, I LOVED the first one though, excellent stress relief!

I wanna get sims 3 as well (I definitely have a diverse taste in games =P Most people do I think!) but have to wait to get new PC, this one is getting clunky

TF2 is team fortress? from the orange box? Watched hubby play that (and most of the others mentioned, GTA4 he's replayed through again, and Call of Duty 4 he just got last week) look like fun!

What's source? I googled it and mostly saw game engine. Oh, counter strike remake? (just found that one in wikipedia =P)

Is spore good Fink? I loved the sound of that game, the idea behind it, but I heard it didn't live up to it.

We got the disc of old classic sega games for the 360 as well, and I'm having a ball playing some of the RPG's from that (Oh how many hours I spent playing the Phantasy Star series! =D)

13. Katlene

Katlene Guest

i played spore for a while. fantastic idea, but it just didnt grab me. id just make critters all day then actually play it!

sims3 is good, but its alot more in depth then the others. not sure if i will spent much time on it to be honest. but im female and its my duty to change my mind on a whim :p

Ive been hangin for Stargate, but its all been rather quite on that front :(

14. Fink

Fink Guest

I haven't, nor C2O.. must try those. I played C1 networked, it was a blast.

I played Carmageddon I for a while, re-skinned a few cars.. the FBI car I made into the Bluesmobile, Otis' car I made into Christine, the redneck wagon into the Family Truckster from National Lampoon's Vacation; I like movie cars. I haven't seen any Mad Max vehicles yet although I would have thought them an obvious choice for modders. If I ever get into modding (3D I can do, the code part baffles me), I'll do those and the Charger from Metal Skin.

Right now I'm tooling around in a pretty decent DeLorean (although they screwed up a vital detail: the doors).

15. Dain

Dain Guest

Warhammer Online

King's Age (Web based text game)

16. Petrify

Petrify Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

your still playing that crap?

your bad and panic too much @ source :gun:

17. Paradox_

Paradox_ Guest

lol cos you would know, i havent played with you when i played properly.

i havent played for more than 10 minutes in over 3 years, so whatev.

18. Petrify

Petrify Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

nah dont lie

19. Paradox_

Paradox_ Guest

cos i have to lie on a online forum about ultima online.

totally.

20. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

chess online. Gaia

21. Dain

Dain Guest

Just started again 2 weeks ago, it's changed a bit and I'm playing on a PvP US server so there's always actions. Just some temporary entertainment.

22. I used to play ut2004 rpg invasion or nwn2 until half of my raid 0 drives burned and I lost everything, then I was playing Half Life 2 until the same thing happened again a year later, now I just have uo installed and I either play that or bank sit and chat.

Why dont I just use mirroring... speed...

23. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Dont bother with TDR2000, its basically a remake of C2 for the idiots who don't know how to get it working on XP

24. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Guest

whats your nickname on tf2?

25. Petrify

Petrify Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

pREDx

26. siyeng0

siyeng0 Guest

help me i was revisiting that old game "lemmings"
    i hadn't played it for years
    it's caught me

I CAN'T GET AWAY
    SEND HELP~

27. Katlene

Katlene Guest

Use the parachute guys!!!

also tf2... mega amounts of fun.

28. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

*sends in the diggers*

29. Katlene

Katlene Guest

Arrrrrrrrgh!! quick build some stairs *clink clink clink*

30. siyeng0

siyeng0 Guest

Neither of you are helping! *watches her lemmings disappear down the same hole for the eighteenth time*

31. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

LOL i forgot about that game. Time to download it again

32. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Just put one of those little "stop" guys!

33. Katlene

Katlene Guest

or armageddon...
    *squeeeeeek kapop!*:D

34. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

In a fit of nostalgia from thinking about lemmings I downloaded Space Quest. [​IMG]

35. Katlene

Katlene Guest

i went in early to pick daughter up from school this week and some of the kids were playing on the computers 5/7 were playing lemmings! gave me such a giggle

36. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Rugby League 2, CounterStrike: Source, CnC Generals: Zero Hour, Grand Theft Auto 3 and San Andreas, Star Wars: Empire at War, Dawn of War - Dark Crusade, DoTA (WarCraft 3)... that is when I'm not playing the greatest game of all, but you all know what that one is ;)

37. siyeng0

siyeng0 Guest

Cho Aniki!

38. Warhammer Online and Grand Theft Auto (Liberty City)

Also have the urge every now and then to play Doom 3

Cheers
    Shane

Want to know when a gaming sites been updated, www.pygames.net

39. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Ooh Doom! I used to love that and Rise of the Triad! Got the heart pumping

40. Petrify

Petrify Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

41. Katlene

Katlene Guest

new game thats out, highly recomended by my hubby... killing floor.

42. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Guest

sif there wasn't an aimbot used in the making of that...

43. Petrify

Petrify Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Nope, they are demos from the best players in Europe and America versing the best players from Europe and America.