1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT: xbox 360 setup

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Lorddog, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

omg, the kids are on vacation from school and it is a madhouse with all this rockband, rockstar, halo and stuff roaring and lots of teenagers running around the house.

anyhow, they want to hook up xbox to xbox live. it is hardwired to my router (d-link). the xbox goes to router ok internet ok then it says something about port 3074 blocked.
    I am not sure if it is being blocked at my router or at my isp. I tried adding in 2 places in the router admin to enable 3074 port to be open but not sure exactly if I am doing that right. there is a source ip range start, source ip range end, destination ip range start, dest ip range end, tcp, udb, port range start, port range end.
    The xbox is 192.168.0.100
    i tried putting allow and that ip in all 4 ip inputs and port 3074 in both inputs and tried both tcp and udb.
    there is another page of virtual server that I tried putting in these numbers and also port 88 as I saw someone mention.

but it still gave same answer. anyone can tell me if this is my isp or perhaps i didnt put in setting right?

Lorddog

2. Critical Gaming

Critical Gaming Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Wikipedia states that port 3074 is the designated official Xbox live port.

Ensure that the IP address is 192.168.0.100
    Type in your gateway into IE or firefox and go to your port forwarding section

Start Port: 3074 End Port: 3074
    Enable TCP/UDP (xbox live requires both protocols)
    Type in the Xbox's IP address
    Click the allow/enable checkbox.
    Apply settings.

Restart the Xbox, and try to connect again.

If you're still having trouble. Unplug your router/modem, and turn off every host on your network. Plug router/modem back in after approximately 45 seconds, then boot your hosts.

3. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

here's all you need ;)

1-800-4-myxbox , call them.
    It should be very easy , was for
    me when i used it last. Xbox
    will be able to help you
    get it going, fast.