1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT: You start to feel old...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Calyip, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Calyip

Calyip Guest

When you watch the MTV movie awards and realize that 90% of the awards given out were for movies that were horrible, or just plain shouldn't have been made. Twilight, quite possibly the biggest gag fest I have ever seen wins 5, 6 awards? Where The Dark Knight wins 1, The Wrestler, Milk, etc win 0.

2. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

MTV?Hell, only 18 and under watch that garbage anyways...

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I stopped watching MTV when it stopped being Music TeleVision.. about '99 or so. Now it's all reality-game-show(making the band) and yuppie-reality(my super sweet 16).

I heard a rumor that they show music videos every now and then, but that was VH1 (back in my day VH1 was for old fogies.. damn).

4. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

after sitting for an extended period, you have to lift your leg up, with your hands, to help move into a position to get up......................grrrr

5. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

...................or when you look at your uo account age..........................

6. Calyip

Calyip Guest

I was big into MTV when it was more the alternative scene...playing B&BH, Daria, music videos round the clock, and bringing you music news. But even through all the crap they play now, the awards were always semi-decent. I am not boycotting MTV totally.

7. Critical Gaming

Critical Gaming Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I hated The Wrestler.

8. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I stop watching MTV when they stopped playing Beavis & Butthead LOL ;).

9. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

meeb need Teepee fer meeb bunghole!!!!

10. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

turdburglar!

That show was classic and I am with Elfstone; stopped watching it when Beavis and Butthead went off the air.

You feel old when you see an advertisment for it and you go "who the hell is that" when they start listing hosts, guests, acts, etc..

11. Bruin

Bruin Guest

More like you start to feel old when you realize that the MTV Movie Awards didn't exist when you used to watch MTV. Well ok, it's not that bad, just saw the first MTV Movie awards came out in 1992.

I used to watch both MTV and VH1 for their Music Video's a lot. Then Beavis and Butthead was pretty cool, but that eventually got pulled - So I'd say I stopped watching it as of what, 1996-1997?

Totally reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons though. Some scantily clad MTV VJ is doing the spring break party talking about her birthday and some red light/beeper goes off, and she starts screaming "But i'm only 23!!!" as security drags her away and all of a sudden a younger scantily clad MTV VJ takes the stage.

12. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan%27s_Run

You may be older than I, but I know more history! And meaningless sci-fi knowledge.

13. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Pftttttttttttttttttt kids nowadays !!!

You start to feel old when you hear songs like
    Lil GTO or Incense & Peppermint or 96 Tears, House of the Rising Sun, on some radio
    and it brings back memories that reminds you
    of some *sockhop* you went to
    back in Highschool.

YOU know ye ARE old when the kiddies who think they are old
    have never even heard of those songs.

14. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I went to a sockhop in 5'th grade.. my socks had holes in them and I felt like an outcast. A poor kid in a preppy catholic school sucks. Screw you people with unholy socks!

[edit] It was a mock sock-hop mind you. [/edit]