1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Hello Guest! On January 27th Stratics will be brought down for an extended maintenance period. This period may take upwards of 12 hours to complete. Please check the thread in the Announcements forum for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

ourUO

Discussion in 'UHall' started by elster, Dec 30, 2016.

1. elster

elster Journeyman

During the PVP balancing conversations, I pulled data for all characters on atlantic from myuo and did some analysis on skills being used by players. Since I had this data, for fun, I decided to write a web interface into this data. This was just kind of thrown together so I apologize for any issues. If people think its useful, maybe ill add more and do it for all shards. ourUO

#1 elster, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    grimiz, Bleak and Cutter like this.
  2. elster

elster Journeyman

had issues with the domain name. back up

3. grimiz

grimiz Seasoned Veteran

Good work. I would have found it even more interesting/useful (and something I always wanted to do) if you had tried to deduce the data to show percentage of players using common templates (and allow for some variance). Look at something like diablofans class builds if that thing is still around.

parry mage, deathstriker, herder/camper, or whatever other fotm templates are out there. :)

Capt. Lucky and elster like this.
  4. elster

elster Journeyman

Good idea! That would be pretty trivial for me to add in too. Thanks for the feedback.

5. Max Blackoak

Max Blackoak Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

is there a way to see entire templates on myuo? All I can see is the top 3 skills when I search for a character. Am I missing something?

6. elster

elster Journeyman

The server sends the information, but it is hidden from the view on myuo. I actually wrote a chrome extension to show full templates on myuo, but it seems chrome took it off the chrome store as they just changed the way their apps work. I grab the information from the same server, I just don't hide it from my view.

EDIT: Actually I think it is still there: myUO Skill Shower

#6 elster, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  7. Odin of LS

Odin of LS Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks, it works well!

elster likes this.
  8. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

the guild abbreviations didn't seem to do anything.
    can there be a shard filter?
    I know siege will mess up stats because many crafters have stealth / hiding.

9. elster

elster Journeyman

I was going to add all shards with a shard filter next. Are you getting blank data from guild abbreviation? I had someone earlier say it wasn't working for them, but they were typing in an "O" for H0T guild and not a zero (0). It has to be exact guild abbreviation.

10. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

sorry - it just wasn't clear that I type into the words "guild abbreviations" and then hit the arrow

11. Max Blackoak

Max Blackoak Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

cool stuff! any chance there being a version for firefox? :-D

12. Enziet

Enziet Journeyman

Interesting. Would be even more interesting if the place you were getting your information from wasn't almost a year old information. :) Neat idea though.