1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Out of control

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Smoot, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Ok everyone likes cheap imbue mats, and everyone knows 95 percent of imbue mats are duped BUT its gotten out of control. The Europa duping has been going strong for what? 3 weeks now? a month?
    I know duping cant be stopped, but it has to be at least controled.

10,000 essence of each type on one vendor? Thats about 1000 hours of actual game time it would take to farm it from the abyss.

TO THE GMS - PLEASE GO TO THE OBVIOUS BULK IMBUE MAT VENDORS AND DELETE THE DEEDS OF 1000
    Stuff like this really doesnt matter, but if it is allowed to run rampant those doing it of course get greedier and start duping stuff that actually DOES matter.
    (better yet FIX it so duped imbue mats wont deed making them vendorable but ya this will never happen)

I urge everyone, if a you are an established player and a few mil doesnt really break your bank, please try to buy essences from the small shops selling small stacks not obviously duped bulk.

#1 Smoot, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  2. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

Absolutely second this. Maybe not the delete all 1000 deed thing. But definitely someone has to go against this....

I'm tired of the "Selling 400k imbue mats for 1b" spam...

Kylie Kinslayer likes this.
  3. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thing is essences are actually a good way for player with decent stats, and an ok suit (doesnt have to be great) to make decent gold. So it DOES effect the game. I used to farm essences and could make about 5mil an hour. Prices have naturally come down as there are more options for better gear than imbued, but it should be "worth it" imo for a mid-grade player to actually get them.

Imagine how many sampires and tamers there would be in the abyss if essences actually had to be looted.

kongomongo likes this.
  4. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I just followed a rune on Atlantic today - selling deeds of essence filled with 1k each... cant imagine how long it will take to gather 1k essence of order... geez....but this had the double....

kongomongo likes this.
  5. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

the best way to stop the dupes is to try and figure out how they are being used and then turning in the exact way its done. With this info, Mesanna and the Dev team can fix the dupe and move on to content and bug fixes for us.

I think of UO as a ship, and we are way out to sea, with no land in sight. Consider the dupes leaks on our ship that if not plugged threaten to pull the ship under. if in that situation, you would do everything within your power to plug that leak no matter the cost.

Exploits will be found in any game over the course of time, make it a priority to find and report them. Those that find them and utilize them to their own advantage will rationalize it by saying that its just a game, but in reality it shows their true character and nature as a person. I for one refuse to deal with such a person in game, as I would shun them in real live.

just me, you do as you see fit :)
    Regards,
    Lord Lew

Flair and Smoot like this.
  6. Prawn

Prawn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

There is an active dupe via exploit since last patch. It is actually ridiculously easy to perform. Thanks devs for this one LOL

7. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If you know of it, how about passing it on to the devs so they can fix it...

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Notify the Devs, if you don't trust the bug reports to get through, post it on the bug forum here. It will never be made public, not even to the majority of Stratics staff, but I WILL pass it on to the Devs.
    The faster they know how it's being done, the sooner they can stop it.

I hope everyone here, if they should ever discover an exploit, would make notifying Mythic their very first, urgent priority.

9. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

Question: How can you prove that these aren't dupers but are actually resellers? Maybe they do IDOCS or buy from their guildmates/alliance?

While your solution is with good intentions, but you aren't fixing the issue. You shouldn't punish people who have the billions of gold in game to accrue this amount of materials just because they "might" be a duper.

10. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

^^ THIS SO MUCH THIS ^^

Lord Frodo likes this.
  11. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Wild speculation and accusations have been removed.

IF you have knowledge share it with the devs privately
    This is finished.

Lord Frodo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.