1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pacific is coming down in 20

Discussion in 'UHall' started by sablestorm, Aug 13, 2011.

1. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Any news on this? Will there be a revert associated with it this time?

2. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

chessy too...bah.

3. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Just posted on the Herald, being taken down to fix the 6th char deal. No mention of how long a revert, but would imagine there will be one. Would be shocked if not.

4. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Update: Game servers will be taken offline at 8:45 EDT to resolve an issue with the 6th character slot. Estimated downtime is one hour.

5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Hope there's no revert.

6. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I'm going to be more than miffed if there is ANOTHER revert. Seriously Cal, can you get your team of "developers" to do something correctly? This is past ridiculous.

7. elonk

elonk Guest

I second that, we got bounced on Origin all the way back to yesterday morning!
    That's a whole lot of work out the window on that shard. :thumbdown:

8. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Whatever happened to people assuming that there would be problems after a big patch or change and not doing anything significant until things shook themselves out?

9. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

only like 20 percent rember the good old days when reverts where standard and shards crashed rest are kids that strated since or bought accounts

10. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

yeah we have it good now days, i remember gming magery like 5 times on my mage..

and dont get me started on how many times i found a good deal on something only to find the next day the gold i spent back in my bank and the item gone.

11. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

I lost the same tower a few times during one of LS's really bad times.

This was back when towers actually meant something. Like, back when people would pay several hundred dollars for just a tower.

12. Mordocuo

Mordocuo Guest

Does anyone know when peak time for players ingame?

I would think that weekends would be the most occupied. To do things like this when most people would be playing just is not right.

I know I only get to play on the weekends, and to me this was a waste of my time.

13. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

In fairness to them, the plan was for them to do this all Thursday but that Murphy dude always seems to creep up....

14. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

in all real fairness they should have waited until monday to make this change live and then they wouldnt have had to rush things just to fix bugs later.

15. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

If it's true that half of UO players are Japanese, then when you factor in European players, evenings in the US are probably not the overall peak times for UO, especially when you scatter American players over four time zones (Hawaii and Alaska don't count :)). Plus this migration was also for Camelot and Warhammer, and they have quite a few Europeans playing as well.

It doesn't matter though, because I think they managed to hit the peak times for everybody :gee:

16. Kylie Kinslayer

Looks like everything is back up.... except Atlantic that is

17. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

back when UO was fun?

I rem Daily reverts (or seemed so, on LS)

18. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Some of the old timers on Atlantic probably remembered the LS daily crashes and reverts as well, since we started using Atlantic WBB as our base when LS would crash or revert :)

Funny how when so many of us started logging in to Atlantic and heading towards WBB and lagging it, we started getting a lot more attention on the official forums and started hearing more devs talk to us.

19. Kylie Kinslayer

Atlantic up and not much of a revert at all :thumbup:

20. Cupid

Cupid Sage

Geez I didnt start until April 1998 but I recall almost hourly crashes :-O Damn they were frequent with big reverts.

21. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I didn't do anything that significant. Just didn't want to water the same big batch of cross-pollinated plants a third time today. Or go out and tame another set of beetles and swamp dragons to put on a pet vendor. Although maybe the second time around I wouldn't end up losing part of my suit to kleptomaniac Siege monsters.... What the heck they want with a dress and half apron is beyond me.

22. yars

yars Lore Keeper

i dont assume, but if i did assume this i would love to be wrong, and they got it right for once