1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pack Horse Bug

Discussion in 'UHall' started by red sky, Feb 13, 2011.

1. red sky

red sky Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure if this is considered a bug or not but if you log a char out that has a pack horse with items on it, sometimes it will stay logged in and go wild and thusly drop the items on the ground. I find this rather annoying especially since I was moving a bunch of items from a house last night and forgot that they do this.

2. Drazasamus

Drazasamus Guest

works as intended, it keeps players from using them for permenent storage.

3. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Yup, canĀ“t stable pets with stuff on them.

4. red sky

red sky Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I see your point on the second post. It's just rather annoying if you are moving a lot of stuff around in several houses and you forget that you have a crate of expensive items on one of them (total of 5 pack horses). It would be nice if it just logged out with you with the rest of the pack horses instead of walking around and going wild. Seems quite lame. I mean surely there could be a better fix around this than what's going on with it now.

Also, I know you can't stuff them with items and then use the log out and in trick which might contribute to why they do this. It just offends me that they walk around indefinitely until they go wild (which is easy to forget sometimes). Perhaps they could log out like a character that has been in flee? Or give a warning before logging out that says a pack horse still has items on it? Seems more reasonable.

5. covert

covert Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'd like to see some sort of escrow deal with bankers that allows us to place items into the moving crate and then move those items to the bank for a short time period (a few days or something).

6. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How about UO gives a pop-up warning if you try to log out while a packhorse w/ items is still up? That should fix things.

Still, the no stable thing has been in the game for quite awhile, been some time before you could store full packhorses in a stable. Not sure how it is now or if UO comes bundled with any kind of manual when you download it, but I guess some oldies may get burned by the packhorse situation because back in the day you could stable loaded packhorses, and now you can't. By that measure, dude, don't try to store bags of **** on the deck of ships, they'll decay lol. Need to put in cargo hold ;p.