1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Packet loss or what?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lady Storm, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

For about 3 weeks now I have been experiencing many different thing with reguards to keeping in UO.

Lag so bad it takes minutes to get anyting to show up on screen
    Once in 3 steps later freezing but all around me moves slow... but moving unlike me
    Disconection to UO to the point it tells me sync errors
    Times are random, different shards, differnet characters, using assist or not...Even tried my laptop, daughters lappy, sons comp... all are getting it.
    Called cable.... they find no trouble and have even sent out a line tech.

It is making play in UO impossible...

I have tried all ways to see if it is on my end... many say they dont have any trouble but minutes later they complain the very same thing... Something is up?

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am having the same problem its very sporadic I did another traceroute today and is still with alter.net for me

3. Daga Taga

Daga Taga Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'm having these issues to. I also called my cable company and they said the same thing. It seems to be fine one day and terrible the next with other day being in between. It's getting old quick.

4. Deb

Deb Guest

I know that on Napa the lag for me is horrendous. And lately
    it has become almost unplayable.

It seems the issue is with alternet.
    We have Fios and it seems to have gotten bad over the
    last few weeks.

I ping 20 to 25 and still have nasty lag.

5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Thats not bad at all !!! My ping is about 450-480ms to Europa, I can walk about 5 spaces before it freezes for a seconds then I can continue walking. I have to do everything on foot as having a mount is even worse. Pretty much limited to crafting now, as combat is just not fun at all.