1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Paging on people... is it account based or character based?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gellor, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Gellor

Gellor Guest

Out of curiosity, if I am paging on someone is my page based upon the account of the player or just the one particular character?

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Both?

Penalties go towards the account of that character you are paging on. The character and the account are tied together. But obviously you would be paging on the character who is breaking the rules.

3. Gellor

Gellor Guest

I do understand that any penalties go toward an account no matter what character got nailed.

But to give you a funky example:
    Let's say I page on script miner X. 50 minutes into the page(since we know GM's take 1-2 hours to show), the scripter decides he wants wood instead so switches to script jacker Y. So, does my page still go through but now on jacker Y? Or is my page gone worthless now?

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm, unless the page went through before he changed characters, I would suspect that the page is worthless since no GM would have been able to target the character. Giving the name wouldn't really help since you can have have like 50 players with the same name on a shard.

Would be nice if when paging you could target the character who is being paged on so they could track the account.

5. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

You can target the player - use physical harassment option and that gives you up to 3 targets you can page on at a time, or you can enter names in manually.

If a cheat is swapping chars quite regularly, one option would be to keep the targetting gump open after you target their first char, then target the other and ensure you explain that the cheat is using multiple chars for resource collection. Then I'm thinking the GM might watch for both chars and also check around their house or drop off point too. Mention where they're dropping off if you can.

Wenchy