1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DevilsOwn, Mar 7, 2009.

1. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 27, 2003
    I've entitled this "Portrait of a Blind Elf"

never had this happen before, is it common and I just don't have the elf out often enough to notice? he was sneakin' along just fine and then bam! the lights go out
  2. I've had that happen repeatedly with Connor. It seems to be triggered by either having a Night Sight item on an elf, or from going to Fel and back to Tram. Once the UO day becomes night, the night sight goes wacky. If it's a Night Sight item all you have to do is unequip then re-equip the item and you'll return to normal. If it's a Fel thing, there doesn't seem to be anything other than restarting your computer to fix it. At least nothing else that I've found to work, unless you want to carry around a Night Sight ring or something to equip then remove. I haven't tried that but logic says it should probably work.
  3. Infiniti

Infiniti Guest

It happens to my elf all the time with or without night sight armor/jewelry. I never go to fell with my elf. It's very annoying especially when in the heat of battle.
  4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Aug 21, 2000
    *laughs wickedly*......... You are all weak and poor excuses for elves!...... (Sorry but the Drow in me could not resist!)......
  5. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
  6. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 26, 2008
    I'm not managed to consistently reproduce it, but I think there's something that can happen when something in the game changes the light levels (such as moving between a lit and unlit area) ... possibly some glitch in the timing of messages sent from the server, but that's pure speculation.
  7. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Feb 20, 2007
    Maybe its a new char which hasnt hit "Elf Puberty" yet?
  8. Ravahan

Ravahan Guest

Quick! Check his palms for hair!