1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Bushido] Pally Samauri

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by TimberWolf, Jan 11, 2009.

1. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Ok I am returning after an extended hiatus and decided I wanted to give the "bagdaddy" Samauri another go.

But I can't decide what is better...any suggestions are appreciated.

120 parry bush swords
    100 anat heal and tactics
    75ish chiv

Suit is 70/56/70/70/72
    with 90 Di ( includes weapon)
    DCI 50
    HPI 15
    hpr 13
    Stam R 6

120 hp
    120 stam
    93 mana
    my weapon is ornate axe with
    55 HLL
    34 HSL
    60 HML
    25 SS
    45 DI ( this is included in my 90 DI total)

Now the tough decsion...I have no HLD at all...
    do I swap out my mark of trav +10 parry +10 bush for mace and shield?

if I do that...I guess I could drop anat and tactics to 90 each and get my bush and parry back to 120.

swapping mark for glasses drops my HPR by 3 but increases hp 10 and dev 5...so it is a trade off!

I guess it comes down to...Will the drop to 90 anat and 90 tactics hurt me?

does 90 anat effect my ability to cure, heal or ress substantially?

Thanks

2. If you're wanting to make a Sampire, there was a change made recently that now requires you to have a minimum of 99 Necro on your template in order to maintain Vamp form. These are the 2 current templates:

Sampire:

120 Wep Skill
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry
    100 Tactics
    100 Necro
    100 Anatomy (100 Spirit Speak & Resist kept on soulstones)
    60 Chiv

Wammy:

120 Wep Skill
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry
    100 Tactics
    100 Necro
    100 Spirit Speak
    60 Chiv

As far as the suit you listed above, you'll need to get higher fire resist or you'll find yourself ending up as toast more often than not. You'll also want to get a decent amount of HCI too. Bushido and Parry should ALWAYS stay at 120 unless you like getting hit more often. Drop Healing, and then the Mark of the Travesty and get the Mace & Shield glasses. You'll also want to build up your weapons. The ornate axe is fine, but there are times that a Twinkling Scimitar would work better, or even a Mage's Rune Blade.

3. TimberWolf

Stratics Veteran Alumni

ya sorry... I should have said...I have no interest in being a necro...
    just straight sammy/pally

4. In that case then I'd say get rid of the +Skill items for just this type of situation. A simple gear change requires a remake of the entire character. You do need to get that fire resist up too. The glasses may help depending on what the fire is on the Mark you have. You never want to run without at least 65 fire though. High end creatures will literally roast you alive.

5. TimberWolf

Stratics Veteran Alumni

ya after some trials I like the hld glasses.
    but to replace the 20 pts lost from the mark what do you suggest?

Drop healing to 80 leaving anat and tatics at GM?
    or keep healing at GM and drop anat and tactics to 90 each?

6. I'd say drop Anatomy to 90 and Chiv to 65. Leave Tactics as is because those 10 points also mean 10% damage increase.

7. maybe find a ring brace combo w/ the skills ya need, and mods.

on my samurai /chiv i use a brace w/ 10 parry 11 chiv 15 dci ,and 20ish resists.

if you look around eventually you'll find just what ya need
    one persons junk is anothers treasure as the saying goes.

also you might look at what pieces of gear your running ...arties almost always mess up a suit resists wise.

the classic case is rune beetle carapice tunic .. bad resists but the man reg 3, and 15 lmc is hard to pass up.

i have 3 samurai chars 2 w/ chiv ,and one w/out i never tried the necro or wraith form temp imo you shouldn't be able to sol a peerless boss .

but anyway....on all 3 suits i use RBC, mace and shield, legs of bane, and stormgrips.... filling in the resists w/ barbed sleeves and jewelry.

8. TimberWolf

Stratics Veteran Alumni

my suit is pretty much set....
    as far as skill points.....I can drop healing to 80 and if I use enhanced bandies I will have an effective healing skill of 90.

I think this is likely to be a good compromise to keep me at 120 in sword, bush and parry. As well as 100 in anat and tactics.

Worth a trial anyway.

9. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yep pretty good call I would say. 120 Swords, Bushido and Parry is very much essential to a good Samurai 侍 setup.

10. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just note, 81 healing is needed for rezzing others (real and/or with +heal jewels). So if you wanted, you can go 81 + enhance bandies for 91 effective healing.