1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Panda Bear?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Doubleplay, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Flame me all you want, but in spite of the fact that I love Valentines day, I am at a loss as to what a Panda Bear has to do with the occasion. I sort of get the idea of a cuddly teddy bear, but isn't the Panda some kind of raccoon?

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Are you being serious?

3. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Polar bears aren't that lovely either, Go cuddle one and let me know how you get on. :D

4. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Apologies to raccoon lovers. Recent gene studies have confirmed that the panda is more closely related to bears than raccoons. Relationship to Teddy Bears is still being investigated.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Well, Pandas are one of the few creatures that have their mating habits and reproduction loudly proclaimed across the news every time it happens....

6. Good to see you figured out google ... re: bear/raccoon genus.

It's just more PC correct to use "an animal" (and the whole "unconditional love" acquired via anthropomorphism )

As opposed to the naked archer baby (cupid)

Just saying ... too many "archers" and we'll be "brown beared"(labeled)

[​IMG]

Satisfied as for an answer?

:danceb:

7. canary

canary Guest

Well, it IS an odd choice, given that there are no pandas in UO. Maybe the earth settlers I guess told the Sosarian natives about these magical creatures... maybe its like kids in real life who get unicorn stuffed animals.

At the same time, it isn't exactly (imo) that important of a thing that it really irks me.