1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Para and taming pets?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Inspector, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Inspector

Inspector Guest

Hey everybody, I'm new to the taming thing and I remember reading a while back that if you tame something while its paralyzed it loses something(or something like that) Could anybody tell me what? And if the pet does lose stats skill, does it matter if you paralyze it tame it and then just after the paralyze wears off it gets tamed does it still affect it?

2. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I dont know the specifics but para tame for skill gain and lead tame or peace tame for your pets.:thumbup1:

3. Zooithion

Zooithion Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

This was recently updated and can be found at the UO.com player guide:
    http://guide.uo.com/skill_35.html

Pets will also suffer an additional 4% skill loss if they are paralyzed during the taming process. While this means additional training time to get your pet back up to its full potential, it may be safer for some of the more dangerous creatures.

4. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Generally for all but a certain few pets para taming works well, if you have high eval int. The only pets you will not want to para tame are pets that can have skill over 100 after taming, as the extra 4% skill reduction will permanently reduce their skill caps.

These include: rune beetles, fire steeds, hiryus, lesser hiryus, reptalons, greater dragons

Although attempting to para tame a greater dragon is fairly pointless anyway due to their very high resisting spells skill.

5. Masumatek

Masumatek Guest

What if you evil omen + para the harder pets?

6. Joyous2K

Joyous2K Guest

What if you beat a wild dragon down with your dragon and your dragon paralyzes it at some point during the fight and then you recall out and stable your dragon and recall back and tame the dragon...

WIll the 4% be taken because it was paralyzed or is it only if you successfully tame it while it is paralyzed?

7. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

You know, I never thought of that, that would probably work exceptionally well. However, I don't have necro, and it would change the fact that you shouldn't para a greater dragon when taming.

However, does evil omen work with peacing? If you could evil omen then peace the dragon, that would make them much easier to tame. *trying to picture a necro/peace/tamer*