1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Parnter for a Sampire

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Podolak, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

My friend is interested in building a character to compliment my new sampire. Has anyone experimented with teaming a character to a sampire? If so what was the complimenting template and relative success?

2. JJMcClure

JJMcClure Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I havent actually "teamed up" with anyone, but everyonce in a while I will be fighting along side a Disco bard when he gets it disco I can rip right through what were killing.

3. [JD]

[JD] Guest

sampires are kinda built to go solo. and often if others are in the area they will mess up the sampire. imagine fighting rikky as a solo samp, he stays where he should. now other people are drawing aggro, he's running around killing them, they're all oOoOoOooing...

a good partner would prolly be a stealthing/discording/mage/myst justice combo

disco to make the boss easy, myst for cleansing winds, stealth to stay out of support, and mage to curse and for support

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Two healing/sampires x-healing would be fun. :) But only one could honor. :(

Due to the honor issue, perhaps a caster.

5. I made a Discord sampire to work with my friend's sampire and they rip through anything, especially as their sampire honors and tanks while mine can keep masterys in effect.

A Necro/Mystic or Mystic/Dexxer would also be good.

6. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think the best assistant would kind of depend on what you're fighting.

7. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Just use the basic disco tamer. Use a greater dragon to do damage and equip a nice MR/mana inc suit to sustain the bard masteries and you'll rip through anything you encounter. The dexxer will hit for much more damage with the beast being disco'd.

8. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Depends a lot on your template and what you're fighting. The healing version of the sampire is practically built for teams of two.

If either of you don't have healing, then the second would be better as a mage so the mage could stand away from the action if the enemy doesn't retarget.

My favorite Sampire partner, apart from a second sampire, is a tamer. Pets don't have to move around and the tamer knows when not to stand next to the pet.

9. Requiem_baja

Requiem_baja Visitor

Use a Disco tamer.. Disco boss. let sampire hold aggro then throw a rune beatle on the boss if he will hold aggro to the sampire, if he wont hold aggro then use a GD.

10. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

a mage bard with disco and provo (with the provo mastery). This one can add more damage reduction and heal you if needed ;)
    Discordance obviously for weakening the monsters...

11. I partner a lot with a mage/bard, tamer, or mystic/mage. Depending on the spawn, one partner may work better than another. My sampire is the tank and it lets the other characters work their best. This especially works well with someone who isn't experienced at higher end mobs, giving them a chance to learn their trade while you tank for them.

12. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't done it in a while, but I used to pair up a Sampire with a necro-mage for champ spawns.

That was pretty effective.

13. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Any partner can be helpful once you know each other's strengths and weaknesses. But there are two I would prefer to play with:

1) Sampire with Mystic-Disco Mage or Disco Tamer partner. Let the sampire honor and then disco the boss and use RC or GD to help tank. Heal or Cleansing Winds the sampire from a distance. Ressurrection can come in handy. :) If you can rez the swamp dragon even better.

2) Two sampires with healing+anatomy (no parry). One will honor and the other assists. Both cross heal. Keep agro on the sampire who is honoring. Fighting a boss that has a slayer vulnerability will help mitigate the fact that only one sampire can honor.

-OBSIDIAN-