1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Paroxysmus request

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Bob_the_fart_guy, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am offering a request... I am no one of any great imporantance.... I have been playing Ultima Online for many years now, and I have a small list of things I'd like to do before well........ i die. One of them is going after and killing the peerless boss "Chief Paroxysmus" . I honestly have no experience at taking on this monster, and I'm asking anyone that has at least some experience to "show me the ropes" on how to do so.

I always try my very best to help anyone i can in Ultima Online. I'm not the "most amazing" player in the world, but i do what i can to help others along. I'd really like to experience what it's like, at least once........ to take this guy on.

I have no real time line here, so......... tell me when and if you'd be willing to help me?

In advance............. thank you.

-The fart guy
    *a.k.a. = Hagrid*

2. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I do not play Cats, but before you even get to being able to hit Paroxy there are three other smaller but tough critters you have to kill off while running from them all. Once you can actually jump on Paroxy the best strategy is archery hit and run... a LOT. Play peek-a-boo with him around the steps that is in his lair. It is best if you have someone there who can almost constantly cast arch cure on you. I have not tried him on a sampire to see if the Vamp Form combats his poison attack, but I kinda doubt it does. Make sure the folks that are with you do not have pets and make sure they do not cast any summons... he will "eat" both of those and be at full health even if he was redlined and down to 150 hp's.

Giggles likes this.
  3. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

Not sure if it will help, but here's a video tutorial I made of Chief a couple months ago. Requires a standard sampire build and a bard.

P.S. You can make the video full screen and change the resolution to the highest via the little gear looking thing on the you tube display.

#3 Giggles, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  4. Giggles

Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

Also I'll record a new video soon. I found a much faster way to kill him with peace masters and a updated high mana leech weapon =)

5. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm surprised you found my post. I actually watched your video Giggles BEFORE i made my post. I was amazed that you basically solo'd the chief. I play on the old client, that would be the biggest difference.... i'm so limited when i can play online these days, but I really, really would just at least once like to see the monster face to face. I kinda have my own personal scrapbook of me standing next to every peerless/champ boss and the like, both alive and dead. For some reason, the chief is one that not many step up to the plate to help me with.

From what I hear though getting the keys is maybe possibly even more difficult than the boss? I guess I should read up more on these bosses?

Thank you all for replying. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

6. Giggles

Honestly the client has nothing to do with it. There isn't anything in the EC that helps me kill peerlesses. I just prefer how the EC looks and feels. I was still killing him with the same build on the classic client as well =).

7. Bianca_CoD

Bianca_CoD Sage
    Stratics Veteran CoD

I honestly hate the way the new clients graphically represents the character models. They do not look natural at all. Its the only reason I still use the the old client, unless there is a way to use the old character models in it.

~ Sue.