1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Bushido] Parry and Bushido

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by DreadLord Lestat, Mar 17, 2015.

1. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I want a Sampire that I can use to solo some peerless and maybe some spawns.

After searching and looking at a lot of different templates for Sampires, I am very confused about Parry and Bushido. Some say it is a waste to have parry because Bushido has a natural parry using a 2 handed weapon while others say 120 Bushido and Parry, and a few even say 120 Bushido and 60 parry. So what should I be planning on?

2. hirikawa

hirikawa Journeyman

3. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

120 + 60 to get 300 points (with 120 weapon)
    120 + 120 for max defense
    choose what suits you better

(you may click this small red up-arraw to read more about bushido)

#3 CorwinXX, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    Obsidian likes this.
  4. A-tron

A-tron Adventurer

I am really curious about this as well. I would love to be able to save those 60 parry points for chiv and anat 120 resist when necessary. If I play as mostly a counter striker I need the high parry to have more chance to counter? or am I missing something here?

5. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I believe you need 120 parry to use CS most effectively. In this case you can get 10 DI from your armor (one woodland armor piece with 10 DI and 5 metal armor pieces including metal M&S) and get max DI/HCI without jewels. (if you are going to use swordsmanship... for fencing you will probably want 55 HML). This allows you to have 800-820 skill at your template.