1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Parry] Parry in PvP

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Zerbee, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Zerbee

Zerbee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If I were to have 120 Parry and 45 dci, but no weapon skill or mage weapon, would I be hit as often as I would if I had 0 Parry, 45 DCI and 120 weapon skill?
    What I'm trying to figure out is if Parry alone is decent enough without wrestling or a weapon skill.

2. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

DCI does not affect parry chance because parry is a separate calculation. With 120 parry , 80 dex and a shield you parry 35% of all attacks. Weapon skill, hci,hld, dci, hla do not affect this number, it stays the same.
    With 120 weapon skill and 45 dci your chance to block an attack is 50% if the opponent has 120 weapon and 45 hci.

3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

You need a weapon skill. If you have 0 weapon skill and your oponent has 120 weapon skill, they will hit you 100% of the time (without parry). With parry, you may parry a few blows but by and large you will get destroyed. Parry alone without wrestling or eval/anat, or a traditional melee weapon skill is not effective.