1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Parry] Parry Question

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Avorion, May 29, 2010.

1. Avorion

Avorion Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I've been away from the game for many years and have started back up again. Working on a basic warrior right now including parrying. It seems they have recently changed the way parry works, and much of the information around is conflicting.

My question is, does the type of shield you use still affect your chance to block? It looks to me like choosing different shields now just comes down to looks, durability and magic stats.

This Stratics page is one of the reasons I think that: http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/parrying.php It calculates chance to block without knowing what kind of shield.

Thanks...

2. There is no specific shield for Parry. Any will do, unless you have Bushido, then you don't want a shield at all.

3. Avorion

Avorion Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks, Connor. That's what I was suspecting, and I am glad. It's cool to be able to pick different shields without always having to go with the one that's "best".

And as far as Bushido, I picked up the newbie quest for it in New Haven because I wanted the sword it offered, not knowing it hurt my chance to parry. Then I was using the Stratics parry calculator and found out that while I should have been parrying at about 30%, I was only hitting 10% because of my Bushido. So Bushido is now on its way down.