1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Error i have no clue about. please help!

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by IdoBods, Mar 30, 2010.

1. IdoBods

IdoBods Guest

Trying to patch and I keep getting this error:

"the patch client encountered corruption in the file [base/unpacked/fba725ef4cf31c7a] on the remote server. Please try the patch operation again."

any ideas?
  2. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 17, 2003
    Empty your patch folder, and start again - something got corrupted along the way.
  3. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

I think the OP is using the Enhanced client and will probably find their patch folder *is* empty. If it is not, then by all means remove items in there and retry.

This error happens every so often with the EC patcher and simply repeated retries will eventually get it to work right. The record as I know it is 10 tries before it patched.
  4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    Can I demand a recount? I've been getting those errors for months, I can't install the EC client because of them I made the mistake of uninstalling to start over when it wouldn't patch.
  5. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

So noted ... Petra is an exception due to her position on Stratics staff! <ducks for cover>

Actually I've come close to uninstalling EC as well but for some reason (perhaps self-abuse?) I keep it around. There are too many EC things I dislike ... but I believe everyone should try it all at least once!