1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Patch error loading dual client

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Merus, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

I am running classic client on Windows 7. Normally I load my first client via UOA, and my second client via the classic client "patch client". When I try and run this now I get the patch screen with a message that says "patch error" and an additional dialogue box that says "patch error - the program was unable to complete the patch operation. Please try again later".

I should note that I can load a second client via launching the client directly, but I have never needed to do this before, under normal circumstances that is.

2. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I don't believe dual clowning is legal...due to macroing issues if it is well then damn I need to start would make my BOD collecting much easier...can we get some clarification plz

3. sativa green

sativa green Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

They updated the patch to our clients this afternoon so if you have had a client open from before the patch update - then you try to load a 2nd instance, the system can't patch in the update because the files are already in use by your first instance. Close out both instances that are running and then reload both and you should be good to go.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Yes. It is legal now.

6. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you for the clarification I know what I'll be doing from now on