1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Patch Error

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Siteswap, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Siteswap

Siteswap Visitor

Everything was working fine with the SA client, but now when I try and run it, nothing happens for 30 seconds or so then I get the message:

"Patch Error! The patch client was unable to retrieve the file [patcher.prod.sig] from the patch server. Please try the patch operatio again in a short while."

When I ok this (the only option) the SA client screen then flashes up for a fraction of a second and then disappears.

Any ideas? Im running Windows XP Pro (SP£) and the UO classic client patches and runs fine.

Thanks in advance.

2. Siteswap

Siteswap Visitor

Looks like its not just me (which is reassuring I suppose ... )

3. Krib

Krib Guest

Iv been trying to log for more than one hour. UOherald is down as well.

4. Siteswap

Siteswap Visitor

I read that if you go into the SA folder and launch the UOSA exe from there then you can bypass the patcher and get into the game. Just tried it and it works.

5. Krib

Krib Guest

Iv just tried and................woot it works fine.

Thanks a lot Siteswap.

6. wolffin

wolffin Guest

if you delete the file uopatch.bin it fixes the problem and game launches with no problem

7. truth10k

truth10k Guest

I just tried deleting the uopatch.bin file and still get the same error. If I go into Explorer and launch the UOSA, it loads.

Is this a UO/EA problem?

As a temporary fix it works, is there something needing to be done on the client side, or is it all on the server side?