1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Patch error?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ivory Norwind, May 12, 2011.

1. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I've tryed to enter the game but the patch doesn't work.
    After a while it gives me an error and the pathr doesn't install itself.
    It's normal or it's only a mistake of mine?

2. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The servers are down for an update, try again in a few hours.

3. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

all shards are down for maintainence, check back in 30 to 40 minutes.

4. Ivory Norwind

Stratics Veteran

Ok, but if you try to enter the game, there is already a patch.

5. nynyve

nynyve Guest

Already? Impressive.

6. Ivory Norwind

Stratics Veteran

:lick:

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I'm trying over and over and over again and I keep getting this error:

The patch client encountered a corruption in the file [base/unpacked/f51aa9700d765d26] on the remote server. Please try the patch operation again.

Ok I've tried the (&()*&()*&(&*)& operation now 30 times..... and I'm STILL not Patched!!!!!!!!!!

8. Hobo Sapien

Hobo Sapien Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

hmm only error I got was the normal one. That happened sometime back can't patch when you open client with uo-assist. I opened it alone and patched fine.

9. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

This is in the EC..... Can't patch the EC....... I've tried now 40 times still getting some BS about corrupted files on the "remote server" whatever the *(&(&*(*& that is........ I'm about ready to say to *&(*&* with it all and go play some other game I'm so stinking frustrated with UO right now.

CAn't patch my freaking game...

10. Hobo Sapien

Hobo Sapien Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry to old to play the EC. Can't help ya with that.

11. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I patched and only got the normal uoa errors,logged in fine. Had a Ton of lag and it ain't on my side.. did they move LS to oceania or something?

12. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable

EC patched fine for me but the classic client failed several times. I rebooted the pc and the classic client patched.

13. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

not LS but i think it may be origin or gl not sure

14. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

would it be possible to get a screen shot ?

15. MalagAste

OK I'm so ready to say ()*&(*&()*&%*@&$#-05 I quit UO!!!!!!!

I've tried 120 times now.... same BS over and over and over..... I tried looking in the "patch" file but the only thing there is the splash folder ...... I tried rebooting...... NOTHING...... I tried turning off my firewall and all that crap..... still does it..... I'm so ticked off right now I could go all postal or something... Delete all my accounts and say to (&)*&#$*% with it...

Anyway here is your screen shot.... and by the way incase it matters to anyone it gets to where it I believe is downloading UOSA.exe and when it gets to the end of that BAM..... patch error pops up....... doesn't always say the same thing in the patch error but sometimes it does.

16. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I assume you are running the patcher as administrator yes?

If UOSA.exe has corrupted, I'd be tempted to have a friend send a copy of there patched exe and try that.

17. MalagAste

I can't download the patcher...... or anything I said to hell with it and I deleted the game I'm done..... I'm so mad right now I could throw the game out the window

18. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

This response is not intended to troll. CSB ahead

I know how you feel and I have been there myself. I remember patching issues back in the dialup days, back when patching really was an allday affair. I remember back in 02 where I had an error and I had to reinstall and patch. I spent the next half a day patching and when it finished, UO would crash at login, no matter what I did. That was the first time I left. I was already incredibly frustrated with alot of things that were happening in game. I said to hell with my house, my guild, and TO THIS #$^#%$^#%*%&(^(^* Game.

UO is supposed to be our escape from the real world, and if you are getting that frustrated and PO at it, it might be time to take a step back and examine if it is really worth it. I am sure we will all be here if and when you decide to return.

Good luck to you.

19. MalagAste

At this point I want to quit... I can't patch can't redownload the game can't do anything...... I just am mad as all get out and ready to say to he(*&)*&)(& with it..... Because I can't play anyway..... It only seems to effect the EC I "could" play the (&)(*&()* (&)*(& 2d client but if I did that I would want to quit.

20. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/installers/20101118/UOEnhancedSetup_4_0_10_1.exe

Try this link to download EC from scratch. After you download, run the file as administrator. Then run the link on the desktop as administrator.

Not to be a bad influence, but it sounds like you could use a drink or whatever your vice is right about now.

21. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

RE: running as administrator

I recommend installing it under a directory other than \Program Files\ so Windows doesn't get in the way by trying to protect it.

I always install stuff that self patches like UO under \Games\

No need to run as administrator then.

22. MalagAste

I gave up...

Then I noticed that UO was not the only thing unable to patch..... seemed my ISecurity program also could not patch...

Everything I tried to download or patch came up saying it had corrupted files... so I went to Norton my Security provider and put them to the task of finding out why everything was corrupted.... wondering if I had somehow gotten a massive virus or something. After 4 or 5 hours on the task a very nice fellow named "Charlie".... had my PC do a CHKDISK.... which seemed to lock up after awhile... I retried it 2X then got frustrated and just left it running...

Somewhere around 2am it must have finished doing whatever it was doing and since then I've found that my Norton is up to date and happy as all get out and I've been able to freshly download the EC *does a happy dance* :danceb:

However I'm HIGHLY unhappy about the art changes and wish I could puke... So now I'm not sure I wanted to patch the client at all.

Anyway now it's all working as intended ..... and my pc seems happy once more.

Wish I could be about the changes.... but *sighs* What do you do. Fix the uglyness of having my paperdolls all messed up in their clothing ..... and have to see their clothes half on and half off and male clothes on my females and female clothes on my males... or deal with super ugly and disturbing hueing..... I'm not sure which is worse??????

At any rate I'm trying to be happy about finally getting the patch to work.

23. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Norton? Yuck! Try AVG, It's free. Or if you have a legit copy of windows, Microsoft Security Essentials.

24. Ivory Norwind

Stratics Veteran

I've reinstalled all and now it works.
    It was the only way. I had the client so in a few minutes i have had all working. Without boat :(