1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Patch Error

Discussion in 'UHall' started by brunwulf, Mar 22, 2015.

1. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

I'm having an issue on installation. Every time it gets to a certain point at the end of the installation it gives me a patch error and says try back later. I've been trying for two days. I've restarted, I've defragmented, cleaned drivers, ran in older windows versions (I'm on windows8). I've deleted completely and re installed still nothing. If anyone has a suggestions I would appreciate it. I attached a photo of the error message I'm receiving if it helps. Thanks again

Attached Files:

2. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

Run as admin and let it ride. Sucks but i had the same issue a few weeks ago. Eventually it went through but i wasted ALOT of time.

3. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

I've been doing it as admin for two days now. :) But I will keep on trying, thanks.

4. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

Are you logged on as admin on your rig? Is this EC or CC?
    You might try running the UOPatch for your client directly.
    EC is at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe"
    CC is at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\UOPatch.exe"

make sure permissions are allowed and the actual patch-interface should appear (i'm showing the CC as that's what i play - the EC gives me major headaches):
    upload_2015-3-22_7-33-43.png

5. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

I am loggd in as admin, yes. This is for both EC and CC. I've tried to run it directly from the folder. The EA support desk keeps sending me the same thing to do and I keep telling them I've done it over and over.

6. Kirthag

Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

:(

Best bet for you at this point is to post something here: https://stratics.com/community/forums/bug-tracking.710/
    That is the Bug Tracking boards here at Stratics. The Broadsword dev team does look at it - although you may not get immediate response.
    Your post will not show up immediately, as all posts there are moderated.

Be precise when posting there:
    1. Outline what you've done (as you have above)
    2. Outline your system's configuration, including the type of internet connection you have
    3. What other measures you've taken to try to fix the situation on your own (run tracert, contacted EA support, etc.)
    4. You can also add @Kyronix and @Bleak which will alert two of the main devs to your situation when they login to the boards.

It won't hurt to post a link to this post in that new post there, for history.

Hope this helps!

7. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

Thanks. I just have no clue what to do. I've even restored my laptop to factory settings and made sure nothing was left and it still didn't work.

8. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The error message you are seeing is not one I've run across, the usual thing that solves client glitches for me is using the 'Perform Full File Check' tickbox and letting it do it's stuff, but that error implies the server does not have the file the patch is looking for, which makes no sense to me since it works for most folks.... Sadly the full check is all I can suggest though :(

9. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

I'll try to do it again, we'll see how it works. It doesn't make much sense to me either.

10. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

Still nothing. It runs the check but still gives the patch error when it's finished downloading

11. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Damn. Then I am stuck, unless someone at Broadsword can shed any light on this one ...

12. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

I'm not sure how to get in touch with anyone. EA is getting annoying sending me the same email to do the same thing. I hate that there's no live chat.

13. Kirthag

EA is not the one to give you support for the actual install and game. It will have to come from Broadsword staff. Considering today is Sunday, you may have to wait for tomorrow. :(

Are you doing trail or are you paid?

14. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

I'm a paid player with a long existing account. Ugh, figures. I have two free days to play and I can't get on till I have to be back to work. :)

15. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Did you look at the patch log file to see if it contained other details? (C: --> Program Files (x86) --> Electronic Arts --> Ultima Online Classic --> logs is the path on my machine (using the CC & Windows 7).

My intrepretation of the error message in your screen shot is that the patch file can't be found. Do you have a firewall up that's blocking access to the patcher?

16. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

If you have not already done so please email [email protected] with your issue along with your location so that we can resolve this for you.

17. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

I have sent it along with the patch log. I have found a way in the game but only by running the client icon in file. The desktop not classic client work and I've turned off firewall

18. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

Doing it this way I can't run assist and I have to go to the file everytime to play

19. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Have you sent in the location you are patching from?

20. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

Yes with my isp and connection type and account id

21. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

We have another person, aside from brunwulf, reporting the same issues on our forums.

22. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

I was able to get it working by opening the desktop file and going to client and running that. But if I try to log into assist it says there is no UO on my computer and I have to open it that way everytime. If I move client out of that folder it doesn't work.

23. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Have you gone into UOA's settings (there's a button on the launch page) to tell it where UO is installed? It can go by what the Windows registry says, which is fine, or you can specify it manually.

24. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

It's blank and every instance of UO anything I put there it says it is not UO

25. Kirthag

??
    Are you having "Patch Issues" with UO or with integrating UOAssist with UO itself?
    I'm sorta confused...

Can you run UO without UOA?

26. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

I download the client from the website, when I use the desktop or classic client exe from the program file it gives me patch error everytime. I am able to ply the game by going into the desktop link's folder and clicking client that is hidden in the other files but only by opening all of the files to find it. If I move that link out of the folder it will not work. UOA does not recognize any form of UO on my laptop no matter what file I choose and I have tried them all

27. Kirthag

ok, so you have two issues.

1. UO won't complete patch sequence to launch actual game play. This needs to be communicated to @Kyronix and @Bleak in the Developer Boards and I believe @Bleak is looking at your given situation in this thread: https://stratics.com/community/threads/patch-error.336879/#post-2525968. You may want to PM him.

2. UOA cannot fine UO.exe. UOA is a third party package and Broadsword devs can only give you advice about it but do not officially support that software.

I think if you concentrate on the UO issue itself, you will get better help and it will quite possibly fix the UOA issue.

28. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

Me and bleak have been exchanging emails. As of this morning everything including UOA works perfectly. I haven't tried the enhanced client yet but classic works fine.

Kirthag likes this.
  29. Kirthag

That's awesome! :) Let us know if you get the EC to work as well. TBH, I prefer the CC - old skool I am. :)

Shady Ghost likes this.
  30. brunwulf

brunwulf Adventurer

Same. I do like the EC cause I can change boots faster for Navreyes. I can't figure out how to make a swap feet macro. Impossible, can't be done.

31. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

oh ye of little faith (knowledge) hehe

32. Noryiscool

Noryiscool Adventurer

You are in for a fun time when you try and renew your account.

33. Messy boy

Messy boy Adventurer

I am having the same problem , downloaded cc client' run as admin, turned off fw and it gets to 1% and gives me a patch error saying try again in a while? Been doing it for about four hours now.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!