1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes 2.4.2

Discussion in 'WoW General Discussion' started by Eldorian, May 13, 2008.

1. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

Looks like Season 4 arena is upon us

2. Thorstein

Thorstein Guest

Bliz left out the one fix that would help make the arena the competitive ladder that they want it to be. Personal Ratings should not reset when leaving an arena team.

3. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

Yes and no, I think the changes they made are pretty sufficient while still allowing people to leave a crappy team and havign another chance with new members.

4. Thorstein

Thorstein Guest

Leaving a crappy team isn't a problem. Find competent team members, and it's easy to power up to the 1500 starting rating. Facing the 2000+ rated guys from 1500 on has a much greater negative impact on the arena.

5. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

You won't be facing the 2000+ guys though if they have a new team member that's 1500 because that new member will be below 150 of their overall personal rating. The new member is going to be facing 2000+ teams and vice versa. (Keep in mind I'm new to arena and may not know what I am talking about - but this is how I understand how it works)

In the end it does what Blizzard was really setting out to do - and that's to stop players from selling/buying points.

6. Thorstein

Thorstein Guest

Yeah, you'll still be facing them. When they drop their 2k team, their PR resets to 1500. They proceed to power level their partner. Be easier in 3's & 5's where 2/4 2k guys can carry the 3rd/5th scrub who's buying his PR.

7. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

Yeah, I can see that happening, but wouldn't the 2k+ people dropping their teams take a hit? Would be a bit more discouraging really.

8. Thorstein

Thorstein Guest

Not really, once they have their new S4 gear, why not make a lot of gold selling PR?

9. Pashta

Pashta Guest

"* Creature versions of the Polymorph spell no longer heal the affected target."

Can anyone tell me what this means? Does that mean that now when I get polymorphed by a bad guy I don't get healed? That would be horriblly unfair!

10. yeah, think that's exactly what it means, but if i'm reading it right, this should be for PvE, don't think it's changed in pvp