1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch size...

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by guum, Jul 29, 2009.

1. guum

guum Guest

Are the patch sizes we've been getting representative of what's going to be the norm in SA? Cause I gotta say, even though they are smaller than KR patches, they're still ginormous. 230MB takes about 15 minutes on my hard-wired broadband connection, and that's acceptable, but when I had a flaky wireless connection, it would have taken me 2-3 hours to patch up. And the system requirements list a 56k modem as acceptable to play...230 MB @ 56k is the better part of a day.
  2. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    In a beta there are more frequent and larger patches than normal because of the amount of changes, especially to art files.
  3. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Because of the way the file contents have been organized you can expect large patches anytime they tweak even the smallest detail in artwork/animation. So you could say all these threads begging for graphics changes are also begging for huge patches.