1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Patching Issues

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Black Majick, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So...I am trying to get the game to where I can log in and play...unfortunately when I attempt to patch it tells me there is an error applying the patch...I have restarted comp...uninstalled and reinstalled. Does anyone know a good way to resolve this issue??

2. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Are you running uopatch.exe as an administrator?

You can find out the exact patch error by going to your UO directory, opening patchlog (no file extension) in notepad and scrolling to the bottom of the file.

3. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable

Not seeing the file in my UO directory... I did search and nothing again. So IDK. I am running it on an admin account on the computer. So that should not be an issue.

4. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable

NOt sure if has anything to do with it, but I am running the classic client.

5. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Are you attempting to patch a new client install? I encountered this exact patching issue when I installed Windows 7 the other day. It wouldn't even create the patchlog file because I didn't explicitly let it run with administrator permissions.

Right-click on uopatch.exe, select properties, go to compatibility tab and select "run this program as an administrator".

6. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, you need to do this. My account on Windows 7 (also the problem with vista) is Admin, but I still have to right click, run as administrator. You can set this as default under the options or something by clicking the little check box tht says "always run as admin". (Not on my computer but home but once I am, I can run you through the steps to do so)