1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Patching speed

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Thrakkar, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I wanted to try UO again, so I downloaded the client (uokr-2.45.4.2). 2,25GB in less than 2 hours. So far so good. Then I installed and started it. Now it's patching.
    Well, it patched yesterday for about 6 hours. Today for approx. 3 hours and I am currently at Version uokr_win32_2-45-5-4 (90%).
    As far as I could find out, current Version is 2.57.0.17. Holy %$#ยง.
    By the time, the patcher finished, my trial is over...

Is there anything I can do, to speed up the download from the patcher?

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

XFire has 2.46.0.3 available for download - but it's STILL 18 months old.

You can get 2.46.0.3 also from FTP, by going to largedownloads.ea.com and logging in anonymously.

3. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

Even with 2.46, it's a pretty long way to 2.57, especially since I already have 2.45.
    Can't be that much from my current 2.45.5.4 to 2.46.0.3.

Download speed is not even a bad joke anymore. I am downloading with about 5 kB/sec. (Which is below nothing nowadays). Usually I'm downloading with 300-900 kB/sec, depending on the server etc. Even 30-50 kB/sec would be a HUGE improvement and would be more than ok.

Is there maybe a problem with a port because I'm behind a router? Which port does the patcher use? Port forwarding would be no problem...

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

sounds like there's a problem somewhere - most people are able to patch up in 2-3 hours from even an old install like that.

5. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

Well, I monitored the ports, uopatch.exe was using and forwarded them, didn't help the sligtest way.

Anyway, I found a really cool russian site, where patches uokr_win32_2-45-4-3 to uokr_win32_2-48-0-7 are hosted. Within half an hour I had them downloaded.

Since uokr_win32_2-50-0-3 is a massive 800MB download, is there any other site, which hosts UOKR patches? Google didn't come up with anything for patches uokr_win32_2-50-0-3 or up. Any input appreciated...