1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

PATCHURDAY!!!...

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Dermott of LS, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, for once it can be declared. The Artwork updates have BEGUN!

[​IMG]

2. Magnus

Magnus Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mine posting some of the new terrain?

3. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

Once I get settled in I'll work up some comparison shots. The terrain itself isn't very different overall, what differences I have seen are subtle, the key thing is how much better the zoom feature seems to be working across the board with terrain being the smoothest.

4. spitfire12

spitfire12 Guest

i just logged on test center. the terrain is NO DIFFERENT.
    i dont know wtf theyre doing. maybe textures arent loaded and its not going live... but i logged on my char atlantic, then TC1. NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL

5. Kons

Kons Adventurer

textures are not shard related... the improvement is in the client code :)
    So to see the difference you should use first an older client and then the new one

6. spitfire12

spitfire12 Guest

i know its client side... but since i downloaded the patch, there is NO difference in terrain for me... i've had the high res terrain since i downloaded EC over a year ago.. i dont know what the **** they're doing with terrain..

the grass, and ground... has always been high res on my client.

7. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

good eyes can notice it, also the improvement is just to get better results on deep zoom level...

8. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

The changes to the terrain are very subtle (with the exception of dungeon terrain which has a more tan/sand color than the blueish grey it used to have).

Grasslands are a bit more tame (again) and lower in terms of grass height
    Cobblestone in towns is different mainly in stone placement (you really need side by side shots and a good eye for this one)
    Underbrush is sharper overall
    Water is lighter blue
    Looks like flagstones are simply clearer and fit together a bit more smoothly

Also there seems to be a bit of an improvement across the board due to the Hues.UOP changes. Just a little color tweak here and there helps sharpen up details on a LOT of things.

Then the zoom factor which isn't really helpful to show screenshots, you have to test that one out in the client itself.

Here's a three way comparison of KR vs EC pre-Pub-73 vs EC Pub 73 for the grassland terrain:

[​IMG]

Cobblestone pre-Pub-73:

[​IMG]

Cobblestone Pub 73

[​IMG]