1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Patrick “Leurocian” Malott Shares His Rendition of Stones

Discussion in 'UHall' started by AirmidCecht, Oct 30, 2013.

1. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Since there are some members of our community that do not use Facebook, I asked Leurocian if I could share his post with everyone here. I hope you enjoy his rendition of Stones as much as I did. Enjoy and say Hi! He may pop in and return the greetings! :)

From Patrick Malott:
    "My kid and I were under the weather today. After getting lots of rest, I decided to record some actual music with the aid of my new iPad apps.

At first I had trouble deciding what to record, so I started browsing YouTube for various unrelated reasons and stumbled upon the Original Midi for Stones from Ultima Online.

Anyway, I took the challenge to learn the song and compose an accompanied cello and violin arrangement with the guitars. I actually play all those instruments on the guitar, and use the magic of iPad technology to generate the different instrument sounds.

So here's my version of Stones. Thanks to Iolo and Gwenno for the inspiration."

To enjoy click here:
    Patrick “Leurocian” Malott Shares His Rendition of Stones

Arrgh, Piotr, Fogsbane and 4 others like this.
  2. Dag Nabbit

Dag Nabbit Seasoned Veteran

When this music would start playing in the game,I would most often stop what I was doing and listen.

hen and old gypsy like this.
  3. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

I Love it. It's still the tune I play most often in-game on Dawn's Music Box.

4. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Stones eerily takes me back to those days, not only in game, but in real life. There is some rock that will pull me back to another time emotionally, but Stones is the most powerful music in that regard.

5. Patrick Malott

Patrick Malott Stratics Legend
    VIP

Thanks for sharing this with the Stratics community.

You all are awesome! I still have fond memories playing and working on Ultima Online.

I recorded this in tribute to all of you and to all Ultima Online developers past and present.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter Until Next,
    Patrick "Leurocian" Malott

Nok, Flutter, Theo_GL and 10 others like this.
  6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Hey Leurocian! We still remember you. By the way that was fabulous! I loved it! I could listen to that all day... Hauntingly beautiful...

7. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

We miss you Leurocian! You were and always will be, the fisherfolk's friend. I still keep all my old Leurocian items :)

8. Emil Ispep

Emil Ispep Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Sends chills down my spine every time I hear this classic... getting visions of the old chest-opening before log in lol... and remembering disabling it because it would lag on startup hehe.

Great job man! if your open to requests, some of my favorites were: create1, forest_a, linelle, cove and vesper.

I just had to go and find my old UO cd, and copy the shidi-midis to my computer to hear some of these again.

Brings back many memories of good times, summer breaks, old friends... long past.

/nostalgia

9. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Miss you

10. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Stones is just for UO right? One of these days I just wanna hang out somewhere with a lot of people and just crank this up on repeat & people watch to see who played UO in "The Day!" ...

11. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

this totally made my day.
    i just got home, its been a long 3 week run at work, and i just hit play and all of a sudden i was back on dial up watching that chest opening and a smile totally came over me.
    just love this song.
    really like your take on it too bro.
    *stares at guitar in corner of the den*
    some day...... some day......

Flutter, AirmidCecht and NuSair like this.
  12. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I love it too.
    I also love Leurocian, and it made me happy to think that he was still thinking fondly of UO, and in a way "us".