1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Peacemaking gain question

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Hulk Hogan, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Hulk Hogan

Hulk Hogan Guest

I've been reading some older threads, and noticed people were saying to lock music to 100. Currently, I have 110 music on a soulstone and was going to move it to a new character and raise peacemaking from 0. Will having 110 musicianship slow down my peace gains? Or is it fine to leave it where it is. Thanks!

2. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

My experience shows you are better off to buy music and peace to 30. Make some reg instruments, and peace yourself. You will gain both faster I believe.

3. Edit: From advice garnered on Poo's discordance guide, I simply set my music down and locked it at 100. Its not like music is THAT hard to raise, neh? And it did help my gains come faster.

Edit mk II:

Wow. WOW. I'm an idiot.

If anyone actually saw this post before the edit, my mistake was that I didn't have any available skill points... i was at max of 715.

*facepalm*

4. FatMagic

FatMagic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So gains are slower on Peacemaking if you have GM Musicianship?

5. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

how it was explained to me was music should never go above 100 until you have finished training all the rest of your skills.

6. you check music before you use the skill

so if you play poorly and to no efect you wont even try the skill

so yea lock at 100 that way you are only relying on peacemaking