1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pedestal question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Doubleplay, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Can someone tell me the method to get an object to rest atop a pedestal? Only in UO would they give us something called a pedestal which is so difficult to put anything on. I remember vaguely a post a few years ago that described a method, but was not interested at that time.

Uriah Heep likes this.
  2. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Lock down the item you want on the pedestal first, then lock down the pedastal on top of the item. Using a house deco tool and control+shift raise the item up by targeting it's tag name.

3. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Sometimes you can't place one of the pedestals on top of other items, it appears to be very random.

Tina's method will work, just hope nothing doesn't distract you for three mins :p The method I use is very similar: Place the pedestal and other item(s) in a small crate, place the crate where you want things to be, then axe the crate. Lock everything down using object handles and raise your item(s) "above" the pedestal.

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I usually drop the Pedestal on top of the item and then use the Deco tool.​
    [​IMG]

#4 Frarc, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    Kyronix likes this.
  5. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks a lot for your replies. I got my items on top of the pedestal by using the pedestal on top of the item procedure with the decorating tool. Still intrigued by the box and trash barrel method, will try them tomorrow.

6. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I always use the crate - using a trash barrel is asking for it