1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pen of Wisdom

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Airhaun, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Airhaun

Airhaun Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

This item looks like a scribe's pen and allows you to copy runebooks. It has 100 charges I believe.

Has anybody heard of these and/or know how or where to get them?

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

They were on Test Center a while ago for testing and were part of the 'Spring Collection 2010'. I believe it's been released in Japan for sale but no details for us yet.

3. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thats cool!

4. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

Where were they years ago when I was making copies of all the T-map sites to sell on my vendor. Really would have come in handy... Ah...the good old days when you had to work for a living. Dang lazy kids nowadays :sad4:

5. They're really screwing up by continuing to put items out that have uses. I'd get one of those pens myself if they didn't have them. Same thing with some of the items they put out not too long ago. Uses suck when you're paying real cash for something.

6. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This move to limited uses does suck. If paying cash, I'd want it forever. Heck, make it account bound even.

Smuggler's edge too... not repairable. WTH??

7. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

I agree with this, oh and the Edge can be repaired, just not powdered.

8. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

And that means that it will eventually wear out and break, which is the point to which he was alluding.

9. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's another brick in the wall, nail in the coffin.

Now rune libraries will be useless, everyone will have a full copy of the biggest library on their shard. And forget selling a filled runebook on a vendor, or in an auction, so there goes the merchant side of it as well.

Even less community now, you dont need to support your local library anymore, you can copy all their stuff and never go back :p I'm not sure I like some of the directions the team is taking us, seems the MM in MMORPG is only being applied as they make crazily strong mobs requiring a group to kill, and the gameplay and side games themselves are all being set aside, seemingly being converted to standalone without needing interaction.

Just my rambling kneejerk reaction to this bit of news.

[/rant]

10. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

Not just anyone can copy the runebooks/libraries, only the owners. So if the owner makes copies to sell will be the only way that will happen. I freaked out about this when I first heard about it, but decided to test it myself and not even a friend could make a copy when locked down, only the owner. Though I agree it might hinder people selling full books, depends on how much these are going to be and how many people want to buy them to copy books to sell.

11. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

In that case, I feel a little better about it.

Thanks for the info!