1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Personal attacks

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Petra Fyde, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

To try to clear up some confusion:

You can say:
    'your pvp skills stink', 'your running skills are legendary', you're a darn good house-hider' or something along those lines.

You can't say:

You are (or "name" is) a
    • scammer
    • hacker
    • cheater
    • moron
    • idiot
    • any word with stars in dodging the profanity filter
    • etc.
    You get the picture?

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*signs*

3. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

*slaps on painted hand print*

4. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Duper Accusations/Targeting & Opinions

Since the latest mass banning by Mythic Entertainment against Dupers, there has been a lot of replies to Trade Threads that are accusations that a Trader may be a Duper just because their wares are items most likely to be Dupes.

We have a "List of duped items" posted in the UO Rares Collector forum that is updated by our Moderator there, Tomas-Bryce. This list should suffice as enough warnings about Duped Items.

The Moderators of the Trade Forums (UO Siege Perilous for here) will advise players within specific Trade Threads about Duped Items if they feel it is absolutely necessary. I understand the Communities need to try and self-police such things however, I must ask that this no longer be done. It might be okay to give an opinion on whether one thinks items are Dupes however, it is another thing to target that Opinion upon the Trader of those items. Because this is a fine line, we must ask that such not be posted or posted with great civility, respect, and caution.

Instead, please use the Post Report ([​IMG]) icon on the bottom-left of the post in question to report such things to your forum's Moderators. Then allow them to decide if such a notice should be posted to that particular thread.

Targeted accusations against a Trader for being a Duper, Scammer, Hacker, Exploiter, Cheater, etc. will not be tolerated. Such replies will be removed and warned upon as necessary.

Why does Stratics not allow people to post those Cheating Players?

The reasoning is very simple. In today's technological age, just about any screen shot, chat log, etc. can be faked quite easily. We are not a Court of Law. To accuse someone of cheating is an allegation that can only be proven in a Court of Law.

If we were to allow such allegations, we would be opening the door to allow scrupulous people to falsely accuse good players. It is our wish to protect innocent players from getting their reputations tarnished by such accusations. In Ultima Online, player names are not unique. So if I were to say, "Orvago is a duper!" I may be unintentionally ruining the reputation of another player with the same name. So, because of this we must disallow ALL accusations, whether you know them to be true or not.

Any questions regarding this should be sent to me by PM or email.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding,
    ~Orvago

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Warning do not work.

Just a couple of notes...

Do not ask or expect me to give details on any mod actions I take.
    Do not bait any of the moderators of this or any other stratics forum.
    There are methods to address any concerns you have with the moderation of this or any other Stratics forum. I have detailed those methods in the past.

There is an email address in the RoC. Use that to express any concerns.
    There will be no discussion on these points. Do not start any threads attempting to do so.

The trolling and mod baiting is out of hand and will be brought under control.
    This post will be unstickied in about 24 hours. It will not be unlocked.

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Removing this sticky for somehing more fun. If you do not get it by now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!