1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Personal Soulforge purpose

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by covert, Dec 17, 2010.

1. covert

covert Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Since you get better return on unraveling at the public soulforge (unsure if you do at Queen's) and higher success chance at the Queen's forge (not sure if public offers this bonus), what is the purpose, beside training, by having a soulforge in my home?

2. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

I used mine for training and now I use it for determining what I need to take with me to the queens forge for the imbues I wish to make

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yeah, a lot of stuff you'll know beforehand won't be worth taking to the Queen's forge to unravel, so you might as well do it at home.

I also use it for the first 3 properties I wish to put on an item, since the chance will be close to 100% for at least 2 of them. Once I get to where there's a significantly less than 100% (say 60% or less) chance of success at home, THEN I'll relocate to the Queen's forge. IIRC, the public forge where the quest givers are is a "+1" forge, while the Queen's Forge is a "+3", and this is for both unraveling and crafting (skill is treated as that many points higher for success chance, or what is returned by the unravel, since there is supposedly a minor skill component to whether one will get relics or essence from items in the 400-450 intensity range, that race also modifies).

4. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Basara, your imbuer is human, right? Mine is too, and I'm not super interested in making him a gargoyle once I hit legendary. In your experience, have your important imbues been good enough with a human at the Queen's soulforge that you don't wish your imbuer had wings?

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The only real loss is potentially unraveling a relic...

All a Human suffers from when imbuing is a lower success chance, and I'll take that over converting a character to Garg.