1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Pet Bond Potion - Anybody tested them?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Wulf2k, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Feb 27, 2004

Darius Bloodbain Adventurer
    Lake Austin - TF

Apr 26, 2014
    No, but I have bonded a very nice greater dragon with the pet bonding potion.
    I did not want to wait a week to start training that one, and was pleased that i did not have to.
    And for those that have not used it, it really does work instantly.
    I have not tried it on non bondable pets for the reason that I was afraid of the potion
    getting wasted, but I will only use it on exceptional pets that I want to keep and want to start
    training right away. To me, it was worth the money that it saved me time wise.
    I would never insta bond a pet that I was unsure if it was going to end up
    on my pet vendor. Funny too, you get a text after you click the bottle, that says "choose Wisely".
  3. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 16, 2008
    I haven't tried the potions, but I believe they only work on pets you can bond normally. If they were bonding summons etc, I think we'd have heard complaints about it from other players heh ;)

4. Lord Damascus

Lord Damascus Adventurer

Apr 9, 2014

One on a 4.4 Greater Dragon, and one on a 4.7 True Black Nightmare. Only because i wanted to start training them up straight away. They're okay, tbh if i didnt have the spare £10 in my bank at the time i probably would have just waited for them to Bond. But heck.. Moneys for spending right?!

Lord Damascus
    English Dude [-TN-]
    Top Notch
  5. Radbug

Radbug Visitor

Aug 15, 2014
    Yes, I did used one recently because I didn't want to wait a week. It's worth the small amount of money ... to me!
  6. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    I can't find the source, but I did read somewhere on these forums that the instant bond potions do NOT work on pets that aren't already bond-able.

They do work great on the usual variety of pets, though! There are some cases where I just can't wait. I have more money than I have time to play, so I want to make my play time count! :)