1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pet combos?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Seelendolch, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Seelendolch

Seelendolch Adventurer

Hello, got a couple of questions, been having heaps of fun on my tamer! I have a bake kitsune thats bonded, and one thats not. With jewellery my taming is at 100, but my lore is at 89.5, what is a good combo of pets for me to go hunting with? i can buy a Cu Sidhe, but I dont know if it would obey me, i assume I would be too low for a greater dragon too, what about a normal dragon and a nightmare? or a normal dragon and a bake kitsune? also, once i have a good combo, where do i go to get gold and items? dont forget i am a noob! :) thanks for any help
    Also my temp if it helps
    peace
    Music
    Magery
    Discord
    Vet
    Taming
    Lore

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

If you are hunting for PvM then just get some jewels made to boost up your skill to handle a Greater Dragon.

3. Gnoopey

Gnoopey Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Even if you'd have 100 animal lore / animal taming, a cu sidhe would not transfer to you nor would it ever bond to you if you could 'trick' the transfer with a pet stall purchase e.g. The control chance you would have to a cu sidhe with the above mentioned skill levels would be 46.9% ... check the following calculator ==> http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/anim.php?sort=Taming

Similar is true for the reptalon, greater dragon, dread warhorse, bane dragon, fire steed and raptor ... for those you'd need taming skill to be above GM ... (also check the above given table link for more details)

Good combos for you at your current skill levels could be:
    • NightMare / Dragon <= NM can be ridden by human / elven tamers ... the 'normal' dragon is among the most underestimated beasts - if a dragon gets proper training up above master levels it would do quite nice
    • Nightmare / white wyrm .. (classical combo - although now seldom seen due to the fire vulnerability of the WW)
    • Nightmare / rune beetle
    • Nightmare / bake kitsune
    • two bake kitsunes
    • two lowland bouras (!) <= pack instinct damage bonus from pack attacking the same target
    • five hell hounds or five frenzied ostards ... <= also pack instinct damage bonus (!)
    • Bake kitsune / Dragon
    • Bake kitsune / rune beetle (!) ... IMO the meanest combo - especially for a gargoyle tamer

Tell us on which shard you play ... so somebody might step up to help you get some basic taming / lore / veterinary powerscrolls by chance ;-)

Seelendolch likes this.
  4. Seelendolch

Seelendolch Adventurer

Wow, thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for :) I will go tame a dragon, and a nightmare, and i will try to get a rune beetle :) I play on oceania, but if i get any more freebies I will be feeling pretty guilty lol, someone already gave me a heap of gold, a 100% lrc suit with max resist and made me a ring and bracelet, I have been pretty lucky so far :)

Loren and Gnoopey like this.
  5. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Drop the Peacemaking, and pick up Meditation instead. Targeted Peacemaking breaks fast as hell when you got pets beating on the target. Meditation would allow you to regen Mana fast enough for those times when trying to vet the pet is dangerous (such as monsters with auras or AoE abilities) and you need to spam Greater Heal, or regen Mana for using the Disco Bard Mastery spell, "Despair".

I'm training a Bard/Tamer on Atlantic to have GM Taming/GM Lore/GM Vet/120 Music/GM Disco/GM Magery/GM Med, and use Jewelry with +10 Taming/+10 Lore/+10 Disco/FC 1/FCR 3 each, for 120 Taming/120 Lore/120 Disco. Tested it on TC first, and it's an extremely powerful Tamer template. Kills stuff faster than my two Tamer/Mages do, and my pets end up taking less damage because Disco debuffs both the offense and defense of it's target.

But yeah, the Bake Kitsune+Rune Beetle combo is particularly nasty, can dish out more damage than a Greater Dragon against certain enemies. The Rune Beetle's "Armor Corruption" ability in particular is awesome, it halves the Resists of the victim for several seconds, making everyone attacking the target do more damage.

#5 PlayerSkillFTW, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015