1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pet database program

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Wenchkin, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Ages ago, I remember there was a little program written by one of the tamer forum boardies which stored details of your pets and their current stats/skills.

Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

I just remembered about it when I went to sort out my pets and wondered what happened to it.

Wenchy

2. I remember that program, or a program like it, being both nonfunctional and entirely unremovable (until i reformatted, which is a pain).

3. Hinotori

Hinotori Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Pet Manager. I used to use it but lost it on the crash that killed my comp last year. Haven't seen anywhere to download it in a long while.

4. 4th3ist

4th3ist Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

A quick google search turned this up. Not the Pet Manager you speak of (thought I remember it vaguely), but it mentions something about storing pet data, as well as some other semi-useful looking things.

http://www.guain.it/public/uoutility_pub/pagina.asp

I havn't downloaded this or scaned it at all. Sooo download away at your own risk!

5. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I always just use Excel.

It's clunky, but it works for me.

6. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Ah, pet manager, that's the one! I suspected it might be a dead project, but just wondered :)

I'll throw a quick database together in open office methinks, shouldn't be too hard to work something simple out heh. Might actually have the old Pet Manager on an old backup cd, but it's much easier to find something when you know what it's called. Thought I was going senile last night, you wouldn't think you could use something every day for ages and then forget it like that lol.

Wenchy

7. Hinotori

Hinotori Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I didn't reply very fast because I had to ask my husband when he got home. And of course, as soon as I asked "What was that pet database program I used to use", it immediately came to my mind. He did remember what it was though. Said it right after I remembered, but before I said anything.

8. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hehe well appreciate both of you remembering it :) Found the old zip file on one of my backups so that'll get me going. Boyfriend caught me playing with a database and suggested I might just have too many pets! This from a former tamer too lol.

Wenchy