1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pet following issue

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MalagAste, Jul 4, 2012.

1. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Ok has anyone else had trouble logging in and logging out to get their pet back?

I've tried several times on more than one account and first time I thought it was a fluke but last night I died and my pet died and his ghost wandered away... I thought oh no problem I'll just log in and out quick and get him back... I was IN Minoc... so I quick logged in and out... no ghost... I wandered around and around the spawn meanwhile getting killed once more... still calling my pet looking around nowhere... So I get rezed again heal up call him log in and out again... no pet. Finally after circling further and further out from where he died I found his ghost INSIDE one of the gypsy tents. He Finally but very reluctantly came to me while I'm still spamming all follow me.

It seems that logging in and out will no longer bring your pet to you. Which in this case SERIOUSLY stinks. I couldn't find him anywhere. I was worried I'd lost my dread.

2. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes, I have had that happen numerous times, with the pet alive or dead. The commands for pets have been buggy for a while too, even saying all stop then all follow me (or pets name follow me) no longer keeps the pet following you. It is back to flagging on whatever it wants too. This all seemed to start a few months ago once pets in the desert area of Twisted Weald started not "seeing you" again as you were walking through the area. However they "fixed" all the problems a good while back is once again broken.

*waits for the who cares tamers suck posts*

3. outcry

outcry Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

There are a lot of new pet issues recently, two of my friends gd have gone wild for two different resasons, first one was she recalled to her house and logged inside of it and the dragon did not instant log., that happened to her on two different tamers.. 2nd friend was down in cove level 3 and she checked her pet it was wonderfully happy, and the next instant when she gave it a command it went wild., lucky for both friends they were able to retame and wait the 7 days to rebond but I have been very careful with using my pet until a lot of these issues are addressed and fixed..

4. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Out of couriosity sake do you have a feeding issue? Some forget their mount needs to eat as much as they do if they too are hungry they tend to not pay attention to you. But I have noticed also many pets are ignoring orders even full tummys dont stop it. As for the log out effect with GD's Why the hell are you counting on the game to do something you should be taking care of? This is like leaving your kid in the car while you to to the store to shop.. geesh. You just dont do it. Take the time to go to the stable and put your pet away. As for the dead pet running amuck... that does bother the hell out of me as well. They use to stick close to you but somehow a publish undid it and its never been fixed. Perhaps we can Add this little bug to Mesanna's list to be fixed.

5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I think that there have been some terrain changes that are causing pets to end up on tiles that are not on the same level as their owner, however it's not always easy to spot the differences in the tiles. So, if your pet is "stuck" in a hole while you keep calling to it to follow you or it needs to go up certain types of inclines that are impossible for it to navigate, of course it's going to get frustrated and lose loyalty.

I would recommend that if you don't already do so, perhaps make sure you have the game sound turned on when using pets to make sure you can hear a pet's response to commands. There is a definite difference in how their response sounds when they are "wonderfully happy" versus when they are only "extremely happy" or even more irritated. And if you're trying to get your pet to go "up" a hill and it won't, move your tamer character down so it is horizontally across from the pet, call it, and then, once it close to your tamer again, traverse diagonally up the hill together at a less steep angle.

6. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

:scholar: I have posted in the tamer forum and here about pet fighting issues and commands. They are buggy as stated by a few in thei post. My question to ALL of you is ... are you sending in a bug report?:hug:

:whip: If you are not sending in bug reports when your pet does "something buggy how do you expect yo get it fixed. :dunce:

I have filled at least 8 bug reports on this issue

7. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Idle thought - does your friend use jewelry to boost raw taming skill? Jewels also affect stable slots if they take you past one of the 'trigger points', and it may be the dragon could not be stabled because the game thought the stable had no free slots.

8. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

People keep bringing this up, and then trying to start arguments about feeding with me when I bring up the following:

Pets gain loyalty from every successful command, so just spamming "all follow me" while standing next to them will put them back at "Wonderfully Happy." They only need to be fed if their loyalty falls low enough that the rate at which they lose loyalty from refusing to follow commands rises above the rate at which they gain loyalty from successfully following commands. But since all you need to do is spam "all follow me" three times to get them back from "Extremely Happy" to "Wonderfully Happy," this should (almost) never happen.

All the problems with pets lately seem to be actual problems with the pet command system. We had problems like this a few years ago - no one could get their pets through a spawn because they would ignore all their commands and try to murder the whole town instead. After months and months of complaints, they finally made some sort of change so pets would stop doing that. It seems like we're slowly sliding back to that somehow.

9. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

My DreadMare went wild at Luna bank last night and got Gurad whacked. I had just fed him around an hour before and he went wild for no reason. GM refused to respond to me. He was a top of the range DreadMare cost me 80 Million

10. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

were you commanding him for some reason perhaps a macro of yours is a command? and he was getting angry at being commanded over and over?

11. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Nope i was bank sitting, next thing i know was there were guards around me and a lightning strike and my Dreadmare was gone. I had to read the jornal to see he had gone wild and instant gaurd whacked, may have been someones bank macro that called the guards. But i was just bank sitting, not saying anything or doing anything.

12. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Contact Mesanna..
    There might have been a bug that feeding them was not registered.... I have never had a dread mare get even close to hungry.... But I dont put it past a bug to be out there causing havoc. Perhaps its best to put best pets in stables till a Dev can check it out.
    I have over the years stuffed my pets when i hunt. Not one of my babys ever goes hungry... Fat yes hungry no

Jade of Sonoma likes this.
  13. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie

I haven't been using my pets lately so I can't answer your question until I experiment in the field as lately I've worked too long on keeping City Loyalty Status from Decay. On that I give up completely.

I was going to try regain decayed Honor points until I read the thread (link below) and then was glad I hadn't as I realize that quest is hopeless if Greater Dragons suddenly stop obeying and start disappearing when master and pet die.

Reminder to all those tamers with pet problems that were once fixed - - "" BUG REPORT "" | Stratics Forums[/quote]