1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pet movement speed

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Yum Yum, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Yum Yum

Yum Yum Guest

I was told when a pet caps all his skills it moves faster is that true?
    Ty in advance

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Not that I've noticed, but I've never tested it.

3. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I haven't noticed that myself, but I would suggest that if anything speeded up a pet it would be maxing out stats rather than skills.

Wenchy

4. Loral

Loral Guest

I believe its once they cap their Dex they get their max speed. Doesn't seem to effect following you, but on attack my beetle with 160ish goes into warp speed.

5. Kelly Daze

Kelly Daze Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

TRAMMY!!!!!

edit: I am so sorry if I made anyone upset by calling him a tramiie. I was just playing with yum yum. I know him and it was meant as a joke.

6. RoseBlue

RoseBlue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, it's true (for mine).

7. Selan

Selan Guest

I think it is tied to dex, I have a greater chicken that can keep up with me. It has 125 dex.

8. Yum Yum

Yum Yum Guest

ya i meant on attack :p

9. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

I believe it's tied to dex as well. My rune beetle moves faster than my GD, especially when called to attack something. However, sometimes my beetle decides it wants to move slow... dunno why. I guess when it's feeling a little on the lazy side.

10. this guy

this guy Guest

If you want to test this, youll have to test a beetle vs a beetle or GD vs GD. Different animal categories probably move differently

11. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

The only real difference in movement speed I see is they slow way down when damaged.

12. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yes point in fact is the speed is tied to the dex/stamina of the pet and the more stamina it has the faster it will move.

13. Hinotori

Hinotori Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Pet's move faster the more stamina they have. I've seen this in action with both my little hell cats that have upwards of 140 stamina and with the pack horses I trained. I have one packhorse that is always right on my heels and doesn't fall behind like the unfinished ones. It has 172 stamina and no issues keeping up with me running on foot.