1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pet Not Transferring with me

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Promathia, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

I xferd from Chessy to ATL ...Got off my pet to xfer. When I log on ATL I cannot access my transfer crate, and I see my pet still sitting there on chessy.

Is there anything I can do?

2. longshanks

longshanks Guest

i would imagine your refering to your gold doggie?

3. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I've had all kinds of problems with transfer crates recently, hell the last time i dropped about half my crate on the ground somehow and couldn't pick it all up until i logged out - in

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Friend of mine got transferred recently without his pets. (Packies)
    They said there was nothing they could do :(

5. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hopefully you xferred from inside a house and eventually the pet will go wild. If it was a packy then the contents will drop to the ground, and if it was a regular pet then you should be able to have someone re-tame it. All pets should be stabled unless they are packies with items, and I think those you might want to make sure you tell them to follow you before you xfer (probably not necessary but doesn't hurt).

As far as GM's helping, I wouldn't count on it. Most likely you'll get the canned message or they will tell you to log out and back in to see if the pet comes to you...even after you explained it's on another shard stuck.

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

You might want to take a look at your "transfer log" and see what information it includes for your transfer. Find it by looking in the Program Files folder on your computer and then in either the EA Games folder (if using the legacy client) or in the Electronic Arts folder (if using the enhanced client). Then open the folder for UO. Scroll down the list of files and find the .txt file named "translog" and open it.

The information for your most recent transfer will be at the bottom of the file. A quick way to jump through the file to find where the information for each transfer starts is to do a search using the term "Transfer ID."

The translog information for each transfer seems to be listed in this order:

• The date and time of the transfer; account name; server you transferred from; character name; and a Transfer ID (a six-digit number).
    • A two-line entry for either a "Transfer Crate" or, after about mid-2007, an "unknown item" that gives the total number of items included in the transfer and their collective weight.
    • Your character's Controlled Pets and, if applicable, the contents of each one's backpack.
    • Your character's Stabled Pets and, if applicable, the contents of each one's backpack. (Yes, you actually get to see what's in the backpack of pets who have backpacks you normally can't access, such as a nightmare or fire beetle that have never died).
    • Your character's Bank Box contents.
    • Your character's Worn Equipment.
    • Your character's Backpack contents.

After you've reviewed the translog and if you are certain that the pet was in the "Controlled Pets" crate when you checked it before clicking to go ahead with the transfer, I suggest you page a GM while logged in with the transferred character. Include in your page the six-digit Transfer ID for this transfer. It might help them locate any internal reporting that might explain what happened.

My guess is that you forgot to tell the pet to follow your character and that is why it was not included in the transfer. EA really should update the character transfer gump to warn you to tell controlled pets to follow you before you proceed with a transfer. Unfortunately, I doubt that there's much that EA can do to fix the problem for you. I think the best you'll be able to do is try to collect any backpack contents the pet might drop when it goes wild and have another character tame it if it is one you want to keep.

Make sure you send an e-mail to [email protected] with information about what happened and including the six-digit Transfer ID. It may not help you out with this situation but it may help one of the UO engineers figure out what went wrong and fix it for future transfers.

Good luck!

7. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Man that is kind of funny if you lost your gold dog.

8. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

In my opinion it would be more accurate to say that there's nothing they'll bother to do, since they're quite capable of fixing the problem.
    Hopefully they'll prove me wrong, but I'm not optimistic in this regard.

9. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

You know, I hate it when people pull this stunt in a post.

If you have something original to say, please use your own words. Quit trying to make it look like I said or meant to say something else. It's lazy and deceptive.

10. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Whooo, calm down dearest.

Pretty certain that wasn't his intention.

11. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

*sigh*

"This animal has had too many owners and is too upset for you to tame"

Anyway to fix that?...

12. dragonthorn

dragonthorn Guest

Nope, but welcome to atl.

13. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

Well there goes my blaze dog

14. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

That sucks. A lot.

15. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

mm only real way to fix that is original owner retames it i believe, thats how i had to retame a dragon myself once they become bonded

16. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

120/120/120 tamer does not have that problem, i have stolen many trained pets gone wild that way

17. dragonthorn

dragonthorn Guest

they can be tamed 5 times max, i think that also counts xfers to other players

18. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Hm, wasn't trying to make it look like that was your intention. Perhaps it can be done in a way that is less ambiguous.

Besides, keeping this post active furthers both our goals, which incidentally are the same. The more noticeable this post is, the more likely it is to get fixed.

19. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

Tried it

Didnt work

I xferd the original owner back to try to retame it....Didnt work....I guess the transfer changed the character id

20. longshanks

longshanks Guest

KARMA'S A U KNOW WHAT.

JUST SAYING.

21. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

The only skill that matters in taming an animal is taming.
    Animal lore goes toward allowing you to control the pet, but in order to tame it you only need taming.

I had thought they took out the "too many owners" thing, I guess not.
    Hope you didn't pay too much for that dog.

22. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Not allowed, bye bye.

23. hes right, its not allowed, post has been reported

24. Gowron

Gowron Guest

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's time for beer now.
    LET'S TOAST TO KARMA!!!

25. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

/signed

26. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Taking pleasure in another's misfortune... doesn't exactly give any of you any credibility either.

27. longshanks

longshanks Guest

not taking pleasure. just saying what comes around goes around.

he knows what i'm talking about.

28. lady_pearl

lady_pearl Guest

found something tonight...

found something tonight... :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Attached Files:

29. TheDeacon

TheDeacon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

damn it issy I wanted in to Tame it!

30. Requiem_baja

Requiem_baja Visitor

Promathia is a top notch pvper and a golden guildmate. :heart: Solus. Drag loves ya. PS. where doing a coon at island :lol:

31. Requiem_baja

Requiem_baja Visitor

Re: found something tonight...

Wow hope that made you feel good. His cu was worth more than everything you have in game.

32. Turles

Turles Guest

mhm was is a big word isnt it

33. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

Was? This was a blaze dog....Something that *still* spawns. Does it suck? Of course

But....When THIS is my house:

[​IMG]
    1st
    [​IMG]
    2nd
    [​IMG]
    3rd
    [​IMG]
    roof
    [​IMG]

Yea...Sucks to lose my dog, but I think I will be ok

34. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

If it COULD have been retamed, it would have already. You killed something which was now useless to me (IE it was UNABLE to be tamed again, EVER)

35. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sorry no one told you pets under your tush would not transfer if not stabled outside your packies. If you read the instructions it has you verify your stable, pet transfer box(the one for packies full) and bank box etc. You had full chance to before you confirmed your transfer(it asks you 2 times).

Well if its any consolation if you have a 120/120/120 elf tamer go to low pop shard for a few weeks you should be able to get one to pop (even get a few whites for sale to boot if your lucky). I have been told the gold cu's do come up regularly. Tamer friend on Baja has gotten 3, and yes I have seen them. So if you want another try an low pop shard.

36. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Actually, you could have transferred the owner back and retamed it without issue.

37. popps

popps Always Present

Please, correct me if I am wrong, I assume that the pet was bonded to the character which you were transferring ?

If so, then something must really be wrong with the transfer service because, I imagine, bonded pets should never even get lost like that.....

And if something is really wrong with the transfer service, than it really should be addressed by the Developers or, at the VERY least, Game Masters SHOULD assist (and be instructed to) in such losses cases.....

Besides, it would be quite easy, upon tranferring, to have the game produce a log of all items being transferred (origin shard) and produce a log of the items transferred (destination shard). If the list of the 2 differs, than something went wrong and the Game Masters will assist players with their losses for faults beyond the players' control.

38. longshanks

longshanks Guest

well promathia it could have been worse.

Someone could have gotten your password, logged onto your account, dropped your house and deleted all your characters...

39. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

Ummm...Thats the point. The original transfer crate SHOWED the Cu in there, then the transfer never went through. It left my character squelched and hidden, and I couldnt move. After about 10 minutes the transfer glitched out and went through. When I arrived on Atlantic, I had NO transfer crate. Somehow my gear was ALL on my character as if it had all been claimed (Which it never was, it logged in like that).

This is wrong as well. I DID do that, it still would not let me retame it. I know usually that message means only the original owner can tame it...But the transfer must have somehow messed that up.

40. Gowron

Gowron Guest

Re: found something tonight...

Sounds like somebody performed a great community service project. Good job and a round of beers.

longshanks
    Journeyman
    well promathia it could have been worse.
    Someone could have gotten your password, logged onto your account, dropped your house and deleted all your characters...

Again, Longshanks, I agree whole heatedly. Only a pathetic bed wetter would pull something like that.

41. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

I just want to say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! To a very good friend of mine

[​IMG]

Time to get him bonded!!! :thumbup1:

42. [JD]

[JD] Guest

scary that a pet wont xfer. i recently started a toon on an alternate server, working taming up to be high enough to accept transfer of a dread. bought a dread and char xferred it. all that work took weeks. i shudder to think that it might have happened to me.

43. I definitely wasnt a fan of FoA when I was still playing, but that still sucks. Glad you got a replacement.

44. Bombastic Fail

Bombastic Fail Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Isn't your Promathia character a human? You know only elves can tame Cu Sidhes right? Just an FYI that everyone seemed to overlook.

45. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

Lol yes..I know that. I used a race change token

46. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Ah i see ! You got a glich. I know it use to happen when they first came out with shard transfer, something to do with lag on the server doing the transfering not syncing up.
    Honestly in these cases the CS should allow the GM/Dev to replace lost items/pets. It is on their side as you cant control the actual servers. What could it do? In this case your Dog was still on the Chessy. The one good thing about Bliz is they dont care they replace even if you delete the item! Uo needs to soften up a bit, it might keep more players.
    Congrats on the new puppy.

47. Glad it worked out for ya, never nice to lose anything :thumbup1:

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!