1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pet rez NPC

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Marquis de Sade 209, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Marquis de Sade 209

Marquis de Sade 209 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

May sound petty but why the timer on rezzing mounts using npc vet? Just sounds like this was implemented to annoy people not serve a real purpose. This can be a real pain on dead shards. Just curious the reasoning behind this rule...

2. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I dont know the reason behind this specially that you loose 0,2 on all skills by resing it at npc vet... we should be able to res without timer at that cost imo...

#2 Quickblade, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    Marquis de Sade 209 likes this.
  3. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

I'm guessing it was to try and maintain the utility of those who invested skill points in Vet. Personally, I think the gold cost that an NPC charges is sufficient penalty and the timer should be scrapped regardless of shard size.

4. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

The Timer blows doors...

I could get flagged for being AFK every time I need a pet res from the stables.:p

The Pet Rez timer makes the top 10 most annoying things in UO list; somewhere behind the earthquake spell animation.

5. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Maybe they set it up that way to give you 10 minutes to get doing something else from boredom while you wait out the timer. Of course that something else might be another game which doesn't have such motivations to encourage you to do something else. :)

Marquis de Sade 209 and yars like this.
  6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

The idea was to put something in the game to help out players who played at off-hours and had a hard time finding a character with vet skill to rez their pets, while still encouraging people to try to find another player to do the pet rez first instead of using the NPC. If you don't want to ask another player for a pet rez and don't like using the NPC, you can always see if you can get your hands on the potion for pet rezzes. (Not a joke, it really does exist if you can get someone to make it for you.)

7. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

yea the potion has a timer too but a more reasonable timer (2 or 3 minutes) instead of 10-15 minutes timer at npc stables. IMO they should lower the vet NPC timer to the same as the potion.