1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Pet skills upon tame?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Demoquin84, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Demoquin84

Demoquin84 Guest

I am training Taming and trying to get a decent lesser hiryu, and get some experience on how to lead tame and what not.

I know that their stats get cut in 1/2. But what about their skills?

A recent tame has 110.2 Wrest and 106.5 Tact

now has 99.2 and 95.9.

Can they be trained back up to where i got them at or no.

(couldnt find this info in the faq)
  2. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Mar 3, 2006
    Pet skills will be 90% of what they were pretame immediately after taming, or 86% if you use the paralyze spell to tame them. If after taming their skill is over 100, that will be their new cap, if they are under 100, 100 will be the cap, with two exceptions, reptalons and greater dragons. Reptalons and greater dragons have certain skills drop below 90% of their original after taming, and those skills will train back to the 90% level pretame, or 100, whichever is higher.

Which is why it is important to lore those pets before you tame them, and write down their skills. Off the top of my head I can't remember which skills are affected by this. I know it isn't magery, it might be tactics and wrestling...