1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

pet training

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Victory Dance, Aug 25, 2008.

1. when training a bonded pet, and it dies, and you rez it, are there any penalties for the pet dying? do they lose some skill points?

2. 0.1% on every skill.
    but this dont influence the max.-skills, you can train the 0.1% which they loose, up again.
  3. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

The penalty is applied when you res the pet. If you res your own pet you lose .1 in every skill. If someone else res's it for you I think you lose .5, but I don't remember for sure.
  4. Den2

Den2 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Feb 18, 2008
    I don't think if you rez someone else's pet it loses .5...I've rez'd many pets for people and they've never said anything about that...I'm sure I would have been yelled at by someone if I tried and their pet lost .5 because I'm being nice.
  5. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

It used to be that way but was changed several years ago. Now all pets lose a standard .1 to all skills no matter who does the res.
  6. Hinotori

Hinotori Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    I'll confirm what Zodiac said. I know a lot of people where so happy when they changed it to flat .1
  7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    Can anyone remember when the loss was 1.0 per skill?
  8. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 10, 2004
    Yes i do remember this and that sucked even more but was still preferred over a totally dead pet.