1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pete's Trailerpark GL's Luna

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MalagAste, May 31, 2013.

1. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Ok so I was asked to post about this Trailerpark so here goes...

Long ago when a friend of mine first joined the RP community on GL's he did so with a Character that was on an account he had bought.... the Characters name Was Trailerpark Pete.

Now all was fine until an event where Lady Minox was killed down in a dungeon in Fel.... well my friend happened to acquire her cloak and was showing it off at the next gathering of the High Council. This made our GM furious all the sudden and DEMAND he change his characters name as he thought the name was derogatory and would get us all banned. So mulling it over he changed his name.... to Polynikes... A figure from Greek History.... All was well in the world again until later when he thought Poly meant polyester and Nikes tennis shoes and somehow that was derogatory again.... but in solidarity many of us in the guild decided to create Trailerpark characters and take them to the next Muster... Was quite the hoot.... Anyway so the Trailerpark was always a bit of a joke with us.

So many years now have passed and I was given the opportunity to own a little slice of Luna... and the first thing I could think about was..... How funny would it be to plunk down a Trailer in the middle of Luna... (This of course was spawned also from the people I knew that helped me get the plot telling me how pleased they were that another female and good designer was going to be living in Luna and how they just KNEW I would do something "tasteful" and beautiful).... I simply HAD to build the Trailer that Poly and I had often spoke of .....So Now it is in Luna for a limited time only and as soon as I can get those nasty squatters off my plot I'll be designing and decoing a nice new Tavern but in the meantime I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to enjoy the Trailerpark that has certainly gotten a LARGE response from the GL community and beyond. Everyone has loved the building and have told me that it's hilarious and very original so here it is I hope you enjoy it.... the pictures honestly don't do it justice... but if you come to Luna on GL's its the second house to the East from the NW corner.

Petes Trailerpark.jpg
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

#1 MalagAste, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Well, for the real singlewide trailer feel, you need to make the house a little bigger, with a hall down the back side (and a door out the back) with a small room or two off the south sid of the hall, the bedroom door at the end of the hall, and a kitchen on the east end of the trailer. Then Again, you might be going for the 1 bedroom FEMA bachelor pad trailer design.

Great work (especially the outhouse at the end)

3. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

The outhouse at the end holds the "Potty Paper".... and as every bathroom stall should be written on I would hope folk leave a note there...

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That's awesome.

5. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

One word: Sweet! hehe

6. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Love it! You should keep it up!

7. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Thx Mal,very cool.
    Made my day
    Perfect for Luna......

8. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Best place I've seen in walls of luna in ages great job

9. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Fantastic look back in our history and a good looking rendition of a trailer park home...

10. twoburntfouryou

twoburntfouryou Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I came across it a few weeks ago and had to have a look inside......lol Very well done!:)

11. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

well done. some kind of tire on the roof would be apropo

12. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

There goes the neighborhood!

13. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I'm gunna go park myself here for a few hours. thats hilarious and definitely pretty original. I love the story behind it, considering the whole polynikes thing, it sounds like the person was pretty paranoid lol

#13 Cetric, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  14. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I couldn't of laughed harder when he came up and nailed an eviction notice on the door in front of me just now

15. MalagAste

Glad you enjoyed it! It's really been fun.

16. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

And, if anyone has ever read Larry Correia's "Monster Hunter" series of books, you'll know there are such things as "Trailer Park Elves"......

17. Voluptuous

Voluptuous Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As former owner of McLunas...you got my sense of the Luna style, hun! Kudos this is freaking great stuff!!! *claps*

18. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Some of the world's greatest literature can be found written on bathroom walls