1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Petition for New Cloaks To Be Dyeable with ToT dyes!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Connor_Graham, Jul 15, 2009.

?

Do you want the new cloaks to be dyeable with ToT dyes?

Poll closed Jul 22, 2009.
  1. Yes! Do your thing Devs!

54.9%
  2. No, I like only having 3 options that don't match anything else...

42.9%
  3. Not sure

2.2%
  1. Just as the title says. Would you or would you not want the new cloaks to be dyeable with not only dye tubs, but with any of the ToT dyes?

I know I would sure love to. My characters all look hideous in the new cloaks. I have a feeling Brittannia is going to look like every clown car on earth rolled in and dumped out the 20 or so clowns per car.

Come on Devs, let us dye our cloaks!

2. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I agree but then I think, who cares, I don't have to wear the cloak outside for real so it doesn't matter.

3. Myphsar

Myphsar Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

All i done was dye all mine matt black, :)

4. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Im actually getting quite tiered of all the dye'ing hype.
    So i vote no :wall:

5. I voted yes, dunno why though lol! can they be dyed by a normal dye tub?

6. Zodia

Zodia Guest

Yup, they can be dyed by normal tubs, special tubs, and black dye tubs so the whole "I like only having 3 options" is kinda misleading.

7. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I voted "No" because this post isn't fair since you can use a regular tub on them.

8. IronHorse

IronHorse Guest

I voted No for basically the same reason as Flutter.
    Personally I would prefer to see the whole "dye" issue become a matter of craftability.
    Let the alchemist create dyes and the tailors use them,give us a reaon to interact with each other again rather then this mindless loot grab that requires zero interaction.

9. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Unfortunately player interaction doesn't exist because people can do anything they want in complete safety. Interaction will continue to become less normal as the game tailors more and more towards a player base that doesn't want to see other players and refuses to ever suffer any kind of real challenge or setback.

10. If they were to make dyes craftable, they'd just get made by a player while they were alone in their house, then put on a vendor. There still wouldn't be any interaction other than with the vendor.

It's during times like this with events going on that I see the most interaction between players. I'm not sure where you're getting the zero interaction thing from.

11. Fair? The entire point of the post was to show support for ToT dyes. I even said exactly that, along with mentioning the dye tubs, in my OP. :wall:

12. slaveone

slaveone Guest

I voted no for this +3 post count for Connor. Use a dye tub and quit crying.

13. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

I voted no. Dont need more neon all over heh but thats just me. I guess I would also vote yes because I shouldnt be able to say what other people
    can and cannot do in UO.

14. IronHorse

IronHorse Guest

Perhaps the word "zero" was misused as to my intent,true enough there exsist a degree of interaction between players during these events but its rather shallow chatter and not what I personally concider *game interaction*.
    There was a time when players created their own events with creativity and a sense of community utilizing the dynamics available.IMHO those were the times when players had a sense of belonging to a group and looked forward to interacting not only with that group but also with the various other groups all of which created a degree of rping that is all but gone these days.
    Players from my observations look to the game to create events for them and then generally complain that the event is poorly planned and not designed for for their paticular gamestyle.
    I guess it holds true in RL as well, as more and more people look to the govt to care for their needs instead of caring for their own needs.
    (I did not intend to hijack this thread with my own soapboxing so I shall leave it as I voted NO)

15. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If you knew the robes could be dyed any normal dye tub color then why did you state in the poll that we have "only three options that don't match anything"?
    The poll is incorrect and unfair.

16. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm pretty surprised how even the voting is, haha. And good to see Flutter is still silly.

17. As soon as you tell me how to match the ToT 1 dyes, sure, I'll be more than happy to use a dye tub. :thumbsup:

18. slaveone

slaveone Guest

Okay why do you even care if they match your TOT1 dyed armor when you wear these robes it covers everything else your wearing except your shoes. I see no real reason why exact matching should matter since when your wearing it you wouldn't be able to see the armor your crying about not matching with anyhow. I think you just like reading your own type. Post count +4 for Connor bravo!

19. Your gorget/mempo and gloves show. Then there's also the talismans that are dyed ToT colors. Why does it matter to anyone if they can be dyed? They'll be the exact same colors as all of the robes of various types were before these were introduced, so there will be exactly 0 difference as they'll be the same color as their predecessor.

20. Dai FHA

Dai FHA Guest

I vote yes, afterall they are being given out during the TOT event. ToT dyes only though, no dye tubs. ;-)

21. Fink

Fink Guest

They're hideous in any hue.

22. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

You can use 3 different dye tubs on them for a wide array of colors.

23. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

agree 100%. Thank goodness for black dye tubs!

24. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

My gloves, gorget and shoes can all be dyed with a leather tub.

If I get one of these cloaks I would rather be able to match all four items. My gorget and shoes can't be dyed with the ToT dyes.

25. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

No. There is enough to make the eyes bleed already without adding more!

26. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector

Why can't we cut them up to make whatever we want and keep the same title? They are Cloaks after all but are worn as Robes

I want a Kilt of Death :)

27. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I want to turn mine into a dress. :thumbsup:

28. Now, if you would please tell me which dye tub will match the Luna White, Dryad Green, and Invul Blue, I'd be more than happy to use it.

What's that?

They can't?

Well, it sure seems silly to state something that was already refuted in the OP.

29. I've already covered this. You wouldn't be adding more, you'd be exchanging one for the other.

30. ok on this basis i dont care if they cant be dyed by pigments, should of voted "dont care" :wall:

31. Spoken by someone that has not saved ToT 1 dyes from the first ToT specifically to make sure their chars stay the way they like them, and also has not burned millions upon millions worth of dye charges for the same reason.

If ToT dyes are allowed, it wouldn't change the game for anyone except for the people that choose to dye their char's clothes with ToT dyes.

32. Mairut

Mairut Guest

I voted yes because I would like to dye the cloak of power fresh plum for my thief. Kind of hard to get that specific color using a special or regular dye tub.

33. Exactly my point. Most of the ToT dyes don't have a comparable match on the dye tubs, not to mention you can't dye metal with anything other than the ToT dyes, so those dye tubs people keep bringing up are useless for dying anything made of metal, and that's with val hammer crafted mempo's being huge in the game right now.

34. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

I want to be able to dye the hooded shroud of shadows, too, please.

35. I never dye my stuff :fake:

36. o2bavr6

o2bavr6 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I've asked for Vet Reward cloaks and robes to be dyable as well, but that hasn't happened.

I think some guilds would appreciate it so they could all wear the same colors but yet still benefit from the mods on these items.

So I would say yes to your poll (I didn't vote because of this>>), but only if they included the Vet rewards cloaks and robes.

37. Thanks for proving my point. :thumbsup:

38. Heartseeker

Heartseeker Guest

I'm all for it.

I wish we could dye everything.

39. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Luna White, Dryad Green, and Invul Blue

Seeing as I am not in the least bit a fan of the overabundance of neon, pastels and other washed out or garish colors, I'm not in the least in inclined to care that the cloaks can or cannot be dyed those EXACT hues.

By the same token, I'm also not a fan of "true" anything colorwise (loses item definition, turns into an amorphous blob) either.

Plenty of room to work with 3 different dye tubs on the robe (well 2 tubs and blob-black, but still).

40. Sure, I can dye them any of a hundred different colors that don't match any of the dyes. Great. Got a clown car ready to introduce into the game too?

41. I'd like to see more votes....