1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Petition: Please fix the Daemonic Crisis Vanq and other items...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Decadence, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Decadence

Decadence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

So as a few people have mentioned, one of my favorite rares is ruined. I do not know if this was intentional, or not, but I loved the Daemonic Crisis Vanquisher. I loved how I could carry it in my backpack and burst into flames. I loved how it could work on a stealther, and you could surprise people with it. Now, the item no longer works in the backpack, and must be locked down. It is my understanding that they also did this for other items, flames, and sparkleys etc.

When I buy a rare, I think I know exactly what I'm getting. For these rares to be suddenly changed on us leaves me pretty upset. They have devalued items that have been out there for years.

Please petition with me, and try to get the devs to respond on this.
    [​IMG]

Thank you,
    Lady Decadence

Riyana, MalagAste, TheMan2010 and 8 others like this.
  2. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

signed

Blaeke and Decadence like this.
  3. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You might want to e-mail Mesanna about this rather than make a post on the forums. This is an EM event item and not a normal part of the game. Maybe she can fix your item personally while figuring out what happened to change them.

Devs are not responsible for EM items. These em items are made with GM powers [aka: made by Mesanna herself]

[email protected]

#3 Dol'Gorath, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    Calkano and Decadence like this.
  4. Nails Warstein

Nails Warstein Rares Festival Silent Auctioneer
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

Yes please repair all these items. Thank you!

5. Sadie-

Sadie- Journeyman
    Alumni

*Signed*
    I hope all of these Items get fixxed :D

6. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

*Signs the petition* please fix this item, it is one of my favorites as well.

Calkano, old gypsy and Decadence like this.
  7. Lt.Snuggles

Lt.Snuggles Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

8. Kahlan

Kahlan Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

9. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

why should this rare be safe when most others have been killed over the years?

there was a threshold crossed a couple years ago when they started to kill off the rares and its just been a steeper and steeper fall since then. if there should have been a stand taken it should have been back then, to do it now just because it effects YOUR rare.... well that's just not right. The simple fact that you should have something in game that i don't is unfair, in this the time of no losers and no 2nd place people, if one person has one then we all should have them. isn't that what the consensus i heard last week?

hell, lets release this on the Clean up Brit turn in!!!

10. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

*signed* NEEDS FIXING

11. Decadence

Decadence Lore Keeper

Actually this doesn't just effect MYYY Rare, it effects a lot of peoples rares.. plural, rares that flame up and sparkle and smoke etc...

And I didn't take a stand years ago because I was busy playing DAOC Anarchy Online then WOW ^_^

Also, I had something effect MYYY rare, and didn't bother petitioning even though I was really upset, because it didn't effect tons of people...
    The put out the Formosa and hokuto lantern, and killed a very rare hued lantern. But this is bigger than just MY and 3 others lanterns now...

And also the thing I love about UO is that everyone has the chance to get things, they just have to work hard at the em events or save gold, this isn't like WOW where only the end game DKP guilds get the drops and then they are soulbound, including important crafting patterns...

#11 Decadence, Nov 24, 2013
  12. Sadie-

Sadie- Journeyman
    Alumni

Just my two cents but I personally do not have any of the rares in question i just believe it should be fixxed. These rares were given out with a specific funtionality and with no warning were changed. Thats not fair to the people who own them I know i woud be heart broken if after ANY amount of time something was just implemented that changed something i personally earned or bought. Maybe a stand should've been taken back that ethier way that can not be changed now, but one is bein taken right now if you dont want to be apart of it fine then move along you do not need to critisize it and assume this is being done because of one persons (or a small group of peoples) rare.

OOPS i lied it does affect me too ( just tried my three items)

13. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

*signs* Please fix this or at least provide a good explanation behind the changes.

14. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Look at the bright side, you can always lock it down next to you're devalueted luck 140 robe.
    hehe sorry could't help it :)
    Tbh, lets hear what the devs have to say, maby the statues wernt designed to be used from a backpack...i donno..

Decadence likes this.
  15. Lady Khaleesi

Lady Khaleesi Seasoned Veteran
    Governor [BLAK]

*signs* My sliver of rainbow does not sparkle in my back pack anymore...*cries* I will miss Quacklebush's comment "You are tooting sparkles" *pouts*

16. Andy316

Andy316 Seasoned Veteran

17. Emil Ispep

Emil Ispep Sage
    Stratics Veteran

/signed

As the OP stated, not just the demonic crisis vanq, but many others as well. The peach fairy statue for example, used to make sparkles when dbl clicked.

18. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot

I agree it sucks but no real reason to change it.

Anyone that has played UO for a long time should fully understand that things change quite often. Some for good reason, some for apparently no reason.
    I have had amazingly valuable pvp weapons go from being worth 200 million gold to nothing in the blink of a patch.
    Rares especially should not be exempt from these fluctuations as they are generally not even useable and are market items.
    Markets change. Markets can and should be volatile as they are a potential source of gigantic income.

And in the case of the crisis statue I think that you should consider yourself lucky as I doubt it has drastically changed its value. It is still rare and still just as hard to obtain so it will always have a lot of value.

#18 Goldberg-Chessy, Nov 24, 2013
  19. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

20. Zane_Xander

Zane_Xander Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

markets dont change! the buyers and sellers influance the changes. It is based on many agenda's but none of which is influenced by the system it self. Now yall can go around acting smart or making excusess, any changes should be spelled out plain words what is and will happen to any in game event, items, ect. They owe you this information. You are the customer, period. Grainted Uo has been on this agenda to devalue past items, that in most cases took much time to achieve. They ruined this game will all the bing bling, but this is the way the game is now. There use to be a time when rares were fun, now it should be called pump and dump. To quoate a old song by kenny rodgers," you got to know when to hold 'em; know when to fold em, know when to walk away - know when to run".

Decadence likes this.
  21. FishStink

FishStink Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

My little sis Tinkerbell is pissed.... She wants her Sparkes back..... you's messes up her peach fairy statue... it won't work in her pack anymore.... tell me true.. do you rerally want too steal the sparkles from the Fey?

22. Goldberg-Chessy

Lmao.

They don't owe you anything except the world to play in when you log on. Have you ever read TOS?

Every aspect of the game has changed and re-changed drastically since day one. They most certainly do not have to spell anything out.

Rares were fun? Rares were never anything but dubiously obtained special items that were bought and sold for ridiculous prices that sometimes altered entire economies. Items that were quite often obtained because of nothing more then GM favoritism.

Rares have also been the biggest source of scamming and duping.
    So please spare me your silly spelled out in plain words, customer service argument.

You want to collect rares and deal rares because there are huge profits to be made? That's fine but you better be prepared to get burned once in awhile. That's the nature of playing markets.

MedeaDF and Tjalle like this.
  23. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

MEEES NO HAPPY,
    FIX DES TINGS OR MEEES COMES TO YOO HOUSE IN FAIRFAX AN PEEES ONA YOOS FEETZ

24. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

25. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

:next:

Don't see what the big deal is in the request. When there is a change to a template, PVP style, Factions, Dungeons, I could go on forever here.

Many times there is a request to fix something that might have been changed. Sometimes the request is granted.

Rares collecting and trading is a valid playstyle just like anything else in the game.

26. Quacklebush

Quacklebush Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

27. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

28. Calkano

Calkano Journeyman
    PITMUCK

Signed! Mees lub mees flamer statue, dat how mees always pop in ta say aarp, and how mees pop out when mees say wabes. Peeps see flames comin, dey kno nubby comin too!

29. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I will Sign... on the condition that it continues to give the flamestrike while locked down as well. i might make some enemies... but i have to confess i prefer the vanquisher working while its locked down / displayed in a house. Having both would of course be ideal.

Calkano likes this.
  30. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You're talking about items' value in terms of gold, though. That's just supply and demand. Once upon a time, my friend's silver heavy crossbow of power was worth 25K.

With these rares, the complaint isn't a loss in value, but a loss in functionality. A more apt comparison is hit lightning no longer working on, say, non-metal weapons, or the UO luck statue setting a character to zero.

31. Goldberg-Chessy

"They have devalued items that have been out there for years"

Sorry to disagree with you but that is the OP's own quote.

32. Decadence

Decadence Lore Keeper

Dear Mr. Goldberg,
    As stated this is a one of my favorite items ruined... The fun is taken out of it. Value has many meanings including but not limitted to monetary.

Now I have always had respect for you as a player. That being said, we are asking for these items to do what they have been doing for years and how they have affected our gameplay without it. As a paying gamer we have the right to do so.

Please respect that and create your own ***** thread about rares.

Thank you and best regards,
    Lady Decadence

Eaerendil, BigEv, Calkano and 6 others like this.
  33. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Agreed. While you're at it please fix the barnicles. They are supposed to do something but no one knows what! lol

Calkano and Smoot like this.
  34. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i have an object from an em event that makes you sparkle when you click on it..
    unfortunately you cant insure it, so you cant do much with it :(

not even sure it works now.. ill have to check it out.

35. LordEscu

LordEscu Journeyman

36. The Zog historian

Stratics Veteran

No apologies necessary. :) I didn't see that part of the first post, and it's true that's almost certainly a reference to money. To me, "value" is about usability, and something I acquired that no longer "works" as it originally did is no longer as valuable. It also applies, though, when someone pays a lot because a statue does something, instead of sitting pretty, that's a lot of lost value.

37. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

/Signed

and....

/Signed

38. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

I am no fan of EM event items at the best of times they are all manufactured rares in my opinion. After we have had events on Europa all people are interested in is 'what was the drop' etc. This is immediately followed by '30 mill for 'The Golden Hair from King Zog's wart'. For Gods sake the damn thing didn't exist 10 minutes ago and suddenly people are willing to pay millions for it!. Well I am not one of them, if I get an event item ,fine , and I do have a few ,but if I don't that is fine too. I don't go to events for the sole purpose of obtaining one of these instant rares'. Any I do get remind me of the event which is what they should be for.

Having said all that I do have a few rares, true rares that is, server births and the like. But strangely enough most of that type of thing don't burst into flames or do something spectacular when you click on them, in fact I cannot think of one that does much except be what it is, usually deco.

As has been said event items are made by the EMs not the Devs and as they are therefore shard specific and NOT AVAILABLE to all players I don't think they should be treated as anything special. If they do something when made which a subsequent publish changes then tough. Why should the Devs spend time on something created by EMS rather than on things which affect EVERYONE. One thing they are not short of is things which fall into that category.

I would pay good money for a spittoon which will never do anything other than be a spittoon but I don't give a damn about items specifically made for events and I wont ever be buying them.

Looking at the earlier posts I can see that mine is not the popular opinion but I have felt this for a long time about events and event items.

#38 Bobar, Nov 24, 2013
    yars, MedeaDF and Goldberg-Chessy like this.
  39. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

in response to all the above posts talking about value of rares ruining the economy and all that, I just read through this entire thing and didn't see a single person that signed the petition say a word about the value of the item being damaged by this change, we can deal with an item being worth less, and we have many....many...many times in the past we simply want one of our favorite items to work "correctly" as it did before, I personally would still love this item if it actually were a monster drop or cleanup item. people don't buy rares because they are rares (usually) they buy the rares because it is an item that they like, whether there is only one in the game, or if 500 dropped. For example, lets say you have an awesome waterfront castle in the best area possible, lets say its worth 10 billion gold, if people find a better castle and yours is now only worth 5 billion, are you going to sell it and leave? no, because you still enjoy your castle. However, what if the game randomly changed and now you were not allowed to lock any items down in your perfect castle, would that make you want to move out? probably.

#39 Captn Norrington, Nov 24, 2013
    Decadence, Calkano and old gypsy like this.
  40. TheMan2010

TheMan2010 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

signed. hey deca check ur sliver of rainbow. it still sparkles in my backpack just not lockdown.

Decadence, Calkano and old gypsy like this.
  41. Magister Returns

Magister Returns Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

42. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It could come back. my chaos void was static for about 6 months but recently started working again. just saying. i would hate for a "fix" to be implemented and have it backfire, making all items that you can click to "do something" while locked down only work in pack. you know how it is. "fixes" in uo unfortunately often break more than they fix. if it can be done carefully and well tho, yes id love the statue to work in pack as well as locked down.

Decadence, Flutter and Calkano like this.
  43. lineman

lineman Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011

signed, just checked my Self-Immolating Secret Notes and they no longer work. I had so much much fun with those when I got them.

Decadence likes this.
  44. Riply

Riply Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

45. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

What are Self-Immolating Secret Notes? :confused:

Calkano likes this.
  46. lineman

lineman Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011

First event item my wife obtained
    nots.png

47. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

Now that's nice! :thumbup:

Clarification: The notes are nice... not the fact they've stopped working... *sigh*

#47 old gypsy, Nov 24, 2013
    Calkano likes this.
  48. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

To the trolls latching on to someone being dismayed about the price of their EM pixels, just stop. The majority of us want this BUG fixed because we liked making sparkles/flames/smoke around our characters for whatever reason and this is why we want the items fixed.

Since there was no line in the adjustments patch dealing with EM items with active FX, this is a bug. Stop trolling, your bridges are lonely.

49. The Zog historian

Stratics Veteran

I keep telling people, it's a mole, not a wart! :p And more flaxen than gold.

50. rmjcsr

rmjcsr Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!